Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Costco Purchase Strategy?

Old 04-19-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Costco Purchase Strategy?

If you have an Executive Costco membership card (cost $100 for 1 yr.) you can buy most cars at invoice from participating dealers. Cars in demand are call "premium" cars and are sold for invoice plus $500+.

I am going to try this with the Challenger and see what kind of a deal I can get. Has anyone tried this with another car purchase?

(Also, with the card, you get lower financing rates from Capital One).
Old 04-19-2007, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Costco Purchase Strategy?

I work for a Costco dealer and let me tell you that you will be laughed right out the door you came in!
Think you can get a control # for it? Not going to happen, these cars are going to be 10K up from MSRP and there is nothing that a COSTCO membership can do for you, sorry!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Rob

I will ignore the guy that has the name "DodgeSales" as he wouldn't want us to have a deal anyway, but can you share some more information?

I have an executive membership, where do you find which dealer will honour this and where can I find out how this works?

Rob
Old 04-19-2007, 07:30 PM

Never heard of that.. call customer service and see what they say because I have no idea bro.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Rob

Yes...I'm a bit skeptical myself.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 PM

It does work, costco will do the deal, they will call you give you the dealer and related info. I don't think this will work for the Challenger thou, being new and such a hot item, that I doubt they will be able to obtain a deal on one. But hey, can't stop ya from doing it, worth a try.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Rob

How bout in Canada? Anyone know?

Old 04-20-2007, 03:38 PM

You guys are such friggin mooch's!
Do you have any idea what you are doing to the resale value of the car you think you can buy for a "COSTCO DEAL". I suppose you can buy discounted milk from the guy at 7-11, what is it .50 cents off MSRP? Get a life!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:25 PM

LOL, and I suppose you think people should pay MSRP or the gouge prices that the dealers want. Oh, what does MSRP stand for " Manufactures Suggested Retail Price", it suggested price, not written in stone, you can deal and bargain, pay invoice if the dealers agrees, pay invoice +500, you can even pay MSRP if you want. So don't tell me I am a mooch, when if offered, to pay MSRP for a Challenger while other people are paying 10,000 over that you wouldn't take this deal. If you can save money on an item, you will take it, just like everybody else would. I have no anger towards you, you have a right to say what you want.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:51 PM

Not a freaking chance in hell that I will pay $10,000 over msrp for a new Chally, dont care how bad I want it, and I want one real bad. I'll just wait for the heat to die down or buy one a year or two later or used. For a company that's in termoil as they are, trying to soak us for an additional 10k is goin to piss off alot of potential buyers.

Quick Reply: Costco Purchase Strategy?