View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 10:52 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who Can You Trust?

I have long said that hapiness and success - and all that comes with them - are pointless unless you have someone to share them with. I'm not a "posessive" person - I have a wife and six children / step children and wouldn't last very long if I were selfish. I share nearly everything I have......NEARLY everything.

LENDING is another story. I was always taught that "you should only lend what you can do without, and don't expect to get back". That included money, material, and time. "Unrepaid loans" have killed more relationships than any other reason I know of.
When you put someone else behind the wheel of your car, you give them complete control of it until they give it back..... you've loaned them the car - even if you're in it. They can make any one of a countless number of bad decisions (with OR without you in the car) and you're the one left holding the bag......or totaled car, insurance deductible/premium increases, and hospital bills. AND we can't forget that we live in such a litigious society, YOU could be held personally liable in an action or suit for handing over the keys to someone who caused someone else loss, pain, or suffering because they acted neglegently while driving your car.

I don't think there's ANYONE here who can HONESTLY say that if a friend, lover, relative - anyone was allowed to borrow or drive thier Challenger and that person damaged the car, the relationship wouldn't be adversely affected or strained. Relationships have been destroyed by far lesser things.
We're ALL car lovers here.....cars are more than just a "mode of transportation" to us. We don't "drive" cars like the Challenger, we "commune" with them. My car is a reflection of me - of who I am. You hurt my car, you hurt me. I take both personally.

If my friends or relatives want a ride in our (mine & my wife's) Challenger, I'll be happy to oblige them.
If they want to drive a Challenger - they'll have to test drive a demo, rent one, buy one, or borrow someone else's.
Sorry. Think what you want of me...........at least I'm honest.