View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 01:02 PM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OK..... IT'S SLOW AROUND HERE........

hmmm...i dont know what to pick...

last time that i went home to visit without amanda, i went to the track with the RT, my dad in the bimmer, and a friend of mine in his juiced sebring...they had a good night,i had a crappy night, but on the way home, by buddy went the other direction, and my dad and i began our roughly 1.5-2 hour drive home. there is a ton of roadwork on the highway between the track and home, so we took the middle of nowhere country roads...at first it was a leisurely drive, but he picked up the pace a bit, and i countered..riding his bumper. we gradually picked up speed to the point where i saw the bimmer jerk as he downshifted, and i followed suit again...we blew through these desolate back roads sliding around turns and blasting down long straights...at one point, i got the jump on him coming out of a series of turns onto a straight and passed him..and a while later, he returned the favor...

we made the 1.5 hour trip in right around an hour...and by the time we got to 'civilization' to stop and eat, the brakes of both cars were smoking hot...

since we got the stratus and the bimmer, anytime my dad and i go anywhere together, in seperate cars, it turns into a similar scenario...hes 68 years old, and to this day, he is still one of the few drivers who i feel can plain outdrive me in an evenly matched car...whether its go karts, or going head to head at the track, we are very evenly matched, although my reaction time is a bit better...

another time that stands out..i was coming home from hockey late one night..around 12.30 or 1am...and im on an empty stretch of the interstate, and i see a black, low riding car coming around the cloverleaf, which i recognize to be a viper...i thought to myself.."if im going fast enough, i think that i can get away from him!"..so i pull into 3rd gear, and give the little RT all shes got...getting up to around 140...i saw his headlights in my right mirror, and realized he was coming, in a hurry...his headlights moved from my right mirror, to my rear view...and before i could follow his movement into my left mirror he went SCREAMING past me...at 140+mph, it literally felt like i was parked...and he was out of site within a matter of seconds. i slowed back down to cruising speed...and a short time later i approached a rest stop, and he was pulled over along the outside of the rest stop, under a light..so i pulled in to check if something was wrong...i pulled up behind him and shut my car off, giving it a good hard rev first, which he returned (much louder). i got out and walked toward his car and the drivers door swung open and...

i see the legs of a metal walker come out, followed by knee high socks and plaid shorts...all being worn by a VERY old man. full custom interior including the gauges and a sound system, complete tune by hennessey, exhaust, intake..the works. he wouldnt say how old he was, but he told me that his wife of "forever" would never let him buy a sports car...when she passed, to mourn her loss, instead of a new black suit for the funeral, he bought himself a black viper...then he began modding! he said that it was the fastest that he had ever gotten it, and he got off it when he saw a "2" pop up as th first number on the digital speedometer...i talked to that old guy for about a half hour on the side of the highway as he ran down what he had done, and he was very interested in my little stratus...haha!