Thread: Point Man
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Point Man - Week #8

True character is revealed not by what a man does when people are watching but by what he does when nobody is around.

Point Man – Week #8 A Bible study on a man leading his family based on the Steve Farrar book.

A couple of weeks ago we talked about a husband and wife as a team in marriage
and for wives to submit to their husbands, for husbands to love their wives as Jesus
loved the church, and for husbands to treat their wives with respect.

Most of you who have been reading this post are probably a Christian male who is either married or one day hope to be. If you are married, you either have children or maybe hope some day to have children. If you are single, you probably hope to be married and possibly have children.

Even with all of the kids being born today, there has been an American trend for childless marriages and some of you may agree with that trend. If we Christians who are able to have children but elect not to, then where will the next generation of masculine men and feminine women come from? And if there are no masculine men and feminine women for the next generation or the ones to follow then this country is headed toward disaster.

Many couples find they can’t have children and resort to adoption, only to find there are not enough kids in this country because the abortion rate is so high. It is scary to know that the most dangerous place for a child is in the womb of a mother who is considering abortion.

Psalm 127:3 Children are a gift from the Lord. They are a reward from him.

If those who find an unwanted pregnancy and opt for an abortion would only think about the unborn baby and not their inconvenience, they would love that baby enough to go through with the delivery and bless that baby by giving the child to a couple that wants to love this baby. They will find there are loving couples who so want to have and love a child.

Christian homes are the salt of the earth. But if we stop producing salt, what will happen to our influence?

Matthew 5:13, 14 Salt and Light 13 "You are the salt of the earth……………
14 "You are the light of the world. …………

The desperate need of our culture demand godly homes which produce godly children. God will protect and care for your children. Ultimately they belong to Him anyway.

The most common objections couples toward having children are:

1. This is not the kind of world I want to bring a child into

Well we already talked about needing our children to be the salt and light for the world.

2. We can’t afford to have children right now.

Financially, most of us will never be ready to have kids. It is never financially convenient to have kids. If you wait until you are financially secure, most will never have any. What does it mean to be financially secure? That is never a guarantee because a disaster can strike anytime. The only security in the entire world is found in Jesus Christ. Don’t get me wrong, I am all for financial planning and most people don’t do enough of it. I think what people say is they can’t afford kids because it will lower their standard of living. When that happens, your life is being self-centered instead of having a God-centered life.
Couples are afraid they will lose their active life style and in their zeal to get every ounce of pleasure out of life, they are neglecting the long term benefits and satisfactions that come from having a family. You may miss some of the greatest blessing God has in store for you. Many times God uses our children to speak to us by what they say or do. Maybe you have to give up your dream or delay it to get that special car (you know what car I am talking about) but it is worth it. They will bring you more blessing than any material possession.

[b][size=2]Genesis 9:7 As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.