Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Point Man

Old 02-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Point Man

I have had on my mind to discuss a topic that is not related to cars but related to men and his role in leading his family.

Society tends to smear what the definition of a man is and as such he does know what is expected of him and how he is supposed to act.

Bottom line is families get destroyed because when the union of a man and a woman is broken, it affects the whole immediate and surrounding families
including the generations to come, then the vicious cycle of generational curses begins. I am sure some of you reading this could be a example of this
because of parents with alcoholism,neglect, drugs, abuse, etc. or maybe you did not have both parents.

My discussion would be towards a man leading his family in todays society and how he should best do that.

I would every week post a topic regarding these issues and we could discuss it during the week.

I try to base everything from a biblical perspective and my experience with both of my adult sons.

What I would discuss, is something I read before my sons became teenagers and it helped me tremendously but it is good
not matter how old you are, male or female, or if you have any kids yet and it is applicable towards grandchildren as well.

This will also help you to be a better husband.

No I am not a minister, but a man who loves his wife and a Dad who loves both of his sons and who have made him proud and would love for you guys and ladies to experience the same.

If I see a yes, in my response to this post, then we can do a week and see how it goes.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Point Man

Sounds like a good idea to me. My opinion is that if anyone doesn't like this, they don't have to read them nor respond. I also hold the point of view that society hates the role that men are supposed to play. I support you in doing this and I hope I learn something from this. When advice is free from those who experienced it, I believe on taking it. It might save me from making as many mistakes as possible (granted I will still make mistakes since I'm still human).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Great to hear and thanks for the support.

One of the things the wife and I do every Monday is a bible study for the girls who come to the Agape Pregnancy Center in our county.
We also invite their significant others to participate as well. The girls have ranged anywheres from 13-20 years of age and older
who were not expecting to get pregnant.

This is one of the many things we will talk about on this forum.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

You're welcome Jeremiah! I believe it is important for the youth to hear the truth about these things instead of pop culture's twist on it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-20-2007, 11:13 AM

Thanks for doing this thread Jeremiah 29:11. I guess one of the most important points in this topic would be ephesians 5:25:

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Definitely at the top of the lists of things to discuss. Thanks for your support.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator

i think that i am unlike many people with respect to my religious background. i feel that religion is more of something that comes from within; not from a building with other people who talk about their views. i see a tremendous amount of corruption in organized religion, and i think that is what turns ALOT of young people off to church and/or religion.

in the stereotypical sense, i am not a "religious man". however, i have a great deal of biblical knowledge for someone who does not attend church. i attended a presbyterian church every sunday until i moved out of my parents house when i was 18. I retained what I was taught, and I have read the bible, cover to cover. I have also taken a class in college that spoke quite a bit about buddism, as practiced and displayed in japanese culture. I admit, I am a skeptic of how some people deal with religion. things like not taking their children to the doctor, because "God will heal them"...I feel those people take things too far. I do not posess the ability to recite verses, but there is a passage in the bible that I recall from my later years of church going that states something along the lines of how a wise christian uses scripture to question scripture, and learns from the answers. if one of you knows the verse, feel free to correct my wording.

that being said, I feel that I do not lead the typical "male role". When I met amanda, i knew right away that she was the woman for me, and I have never had any doubt. I met her through DodgeForum, and we knew each other for over a year before we met in person, and about 6 months or so later, i had quit my job and moved basically halfway across the country. people thought that i was crazy, but I knew that it was the right thing for me. Since then, Amanda makes more money than I do, and I do most of the cooking around the house. I couldnt imagine us getting along any better...we share most of the same interests, and even the things that we arent both "in to", we both enjoy watching the other, such as me with hockey and amanda with horseback riding.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Great!!! You will enjoy this thread. Thanks for sharing your background. Remember man made religion and not God. I'll talk about that later.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This would be a great thing, as I too am a Christian and love to hear others voices on these matters. We need Jesus now, more than ever. But in other forums I have been on, I am usually blasted as a narrow minded Christian. And thats before I even reply. I feel I am open minded and always willing to listen. But in these trying days others will usually go to a personal attack when common sense is thrown out the window. Its nice to know others still beieve as strongly in God as I do. Good luck and I will be looking for this. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Administrator

As i run many forums, it is not uncommon to see "fights" over religious and politcal topics. At some of those bigger forums we have had people complain about the religious and politcal discussions, so perhaps I could make a religious discussions section? That way, anyone who choses not to partake in them does not even have to see them. This prevents people from getting into heated debates, and then blaming the site for them being there...thoughts?

Quick Reply: Point Man