View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Paladin06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Companies

As I understand it, Toyota, like the Boeing facility I work at here in Az, which is a right to work state, allows the Union to come to the facility every year or so to pitch the union and every year the employees vote against the union.

I had no experience with the union as I was in the military for 20 years and came here to Az right after I retired. I had the opportunity to go back east for 4 1/2 years and worked at our facility in Philadelphia which has union shops in the production side of the house. I have to say I will never work in a union enviroment again. It was like working in two companies. I was there for 4 1/2 years and I never once heard anyone in the union call themselves a Boeing employee. The always referred to themselves as members of union # XXXX. It was just to strange for me. Not to mention I stayed in trouble with the union guys. I even had one throw nails in front of my car one day when they had a short strike and I was trying to go too work. Thats when Mr. Sig 229, 40cal came out and the road got clear real quick.

Please no one associated a union take offense but I think their day has come and gone.