Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Car Companies

Old 06-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Companies

I have had 3 Toyotas

1. A 1974 Hi-Lux pick up..4x2. I was the 10th owner. This truck was beat to death and back several times. You could look through the floorboard at the street below it. The Carb had a mixture of gas and oil foaming out of the carb. It sputtered at times and I had to get out and clean off the foam. I had it about a year. It ran fine other than the oil mixing with the fuel. I didn't put a dime in it. I took it on 4 hour mountain trips hunting and it performed fine... I nicknamed it Shake rattle and role.

2. I traded that truck in on a 1983 4x2 Toyota pick-up delux. I drove it off the lot and returned 5 years later to trade it in on Toyota #3. I did not put anything in that truck. It even had the original battery in it. I paid 8250.00 for it and got 5300 on a trade. Exceptional vehicle that was.

3. I ordered and waited 2 months from Japan, on a 1988 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 Delux with SR5 upgraded wheels and stripes. I still have it. 90K miles and it runs like a champ. Runs like new actually. The only thing major ever done with it was engine seals that failed just after warranty. 500.00 bill. I was pissed but if I add that up over 19 years it was minimal. Mother nature has taken it's tole on her. My sons love it and both want it. I just cannot part with it.

3 Toyotas and I have nothing bad to say about them. My observation is this.....The whoas with Toyota was not happening when they were all 100% made in Japan. I will never degrade American workers NEVER. Defective parts are the biggest problems with cars not the labor in assembling them. I am not up to speed on every complaint against Toyota but as stated my observation is what it is.