View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
GTO JUDGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Companies

I have been saying this for the past 10+ years.....

If I were say an engineer for whomever.... lets say Mopar.... I would have come out with a throwback series.

What this is, is a line of Retro muscle cars that closely resemble the muscles of the era. Not necessarily all V8's but the body styles. Chargers and alike with 6cyls, not pure HP but make it affordable for kids to drive and insure.

Imagine a line of Chargers, Cudas Chevelles, GTO's Challengers etc that looked closely like the ones of say early 70's late 60's, with the engines having all the new stuff.

You'd see many of these kids buying ricers drawn to the Throwbacks. I go to car shows and I see the young kids out there looking at the oldies.

IMO this would go over big. I could see sales of the Big 3 going up if t hey did this. You'd have a line of higher end V8's for the enthusiasts and same body styles for the younger kids.

Ford's GT stang is a hit with many,,,, the Challenger is hyped up, with the retro look. Just a line of Throwbacks made to todays standards with older body styling. I don't see how it could fail. All 3 car manufactures need a kick in the arzz. Introduce a few and let it build.