View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 07:15 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Companies

You forgot the part where Toyota paid off the press members not to report the engine they sneeked into the boat.

The unions are a problem. I have no love for unions after their greedy behavior killed my hometown. I think the stockholders should base a CEO's salary on performance of the company (but evaluated thoroughly to make sure the success is not just short term sales just to make themselves look good). The primary problem with the big three is they are following instead of leading the market. The Japanese beat them to 5-speed automatics and VVT offered with their OHC engines. They replace their reliable engines (GM 3800, Chrysler 3.3L, Ford 4.0L OHV) for junk (GM 3.5L/3.9L High Value, Chrysler 2.7L, and Ford 4.0L SOHC) in the models where the Japanese are competitive. They don't utilize the right engines nor the right outputs with the right cars (Sebring and Avenger get the lower output 3.5L which hasn't been updated since '99 is supposed to defeat a brand new engine from Toyota and an updated Nissan engine with the latest technology). They fail to lead the market then get overtaken. The Japanese also succeed because their dirty laundry gets covered-up by the media, while the media is more than proud to expose any minor mistake that the Big Three have.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts