View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 06:53 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weve gone and done it again...

we were wondering why it doesnt carry the "K"...

we got it for 700 bucks...and in my initial look over, the only thing that it NEEDS is tires. i drove it around 70 miles yesterday, and it didnt miss a beat...and a few miles of that includes rough dirt roads. i plan on doing a tune up..changing the plugs and oil, having a look at the brakes, etc. this car is, however, by far the slowest car that ive ever driven, although i notice that its running better the more that i drive it. ive yet to find anything that doesnt work..the only problem with this car is the rust on the doors...down the road, if we fall in love with the car, i might check around with some salvage yards for nicer doors...

i could have gotten a similar car much cheaper in PA, but with michigan not having any safety or emissions inspections, no car is junk. in PA, if you find a car that has any substantial rust, or running problems, it wont pass inspection, so the car is essentilly junk, and you can use that as bargaining leverage, but that doesnt happen in MI. some of the cars that we looked at in the 500-1500 range were unreal. we looked at a sundance sedan that was a grand..it was rotted so badly, that the panel below the rear drivers door was rotted clear into the drivers compartment, and the rear bumper was so bad that i could pull handfuls of metal of, with my hand...it also ran very poorly, and i noticed that it had pulley bolts broken in the crankshaft..."1000 firm"...