Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Weve gone and done it again...

Old 07-21-2007, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weve gone and done it again...

Now that is one of the nicest beaters I've ever seen. I would no just leave it stock, I would have to pump up the power a little, after driving a weak truck and changing to an auto with a 3.5 mopar it would be hard to go back.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

the tires are old goodyears..the spare still has the factory chalk on it.

unfortunately, it is an auto.
Probably Goodyear Invicta models. A 2.2L 3-speed auto only was rated for about 29mpg on the highway, but I'm sure its more fuel efficient than her truck. Are you sure that it is really worth it to keep insurance and plates on it for that fuel mileage difference?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-25-2007, 09:25 AM

Not many people realize that most Chrysler passenger cars from the 80's era were built on the K or an extended K car platform. This platform even existed into the 90's as Sundance, Shadow, Spirit, Acclaim, Caravelle, Dynasty, New Yorker, Imperial. Also did you know that the original Caravan was built on this same extended platform? Lee Iacocca definately saved Chrysler from the brink of oblivion, and it was through the lowly and much maligned K-car that the new Chrysler Corp. emerged.

Even though your Aries isn't all that glamorous you now own an important piece of Chrysler's history Pat!
(oh yeah, the carbs sucked on those things)
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: deranged

Not many people realize that most Chrysler passenger cars from the 80's era were built on the K or an extended K car platform. This platform even existed into the 90's as Sundance, Shadow, Spirit, Acclaim, Caravelle, Dynasty, New Yorker, Imperial. Also did you know that the original Caravan was built on this same extended platform? Lee Iacocca definately saved Chrysler from the brink of oblivion, and it was through the lowly and much maligned K-car that the new Chrysler Corp. emerged.

Even though your Aries isn't all that glamorous you now own an important piece of Chrysler's history Pat!
(oh yeah, the carbs sucked on those things)
Yep, just about everything minus the rear-wheel-drive models, trucks, and rebadged Mitsubishi models were K varients. The K has to be one of the most versatile platforms made in current history. Very good investment.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Administrator

the insurance barely went up, adding the aries...her truck gets somewhere around 10-11mpg...and on the first tank of gas, the aries got 28.

the bad side is that it is SLOOOOOOOW...im pretty sure that its the slowest car that ive ever driven..it makes the ramcharger feel like a viper..
Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

About what percentage of that was highway mileage? Yep, I but it does feel slow, especially after what your used to driving. So how many cars do you have in total now?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-30-2007, 06:39 AM
Administrator

the aries has not been on the highway much at all...it is so terribly slow, i dont know that im comfortable trying to travel at highway speeds. Keeping up with highway traffic around here, at 75mph, the car is REALLY working hard. When we got the new tires, it has made the car feel quite a bit safer, and to get to the tire store, I did drive the car about 3 miles on the highway. The rest has been stop and go traffic. For those who havent been to the detroit area (consider yourself lucky), you cannot drive more than a mile or so in any direction without hitting a stoplight, and its not helpful with respect to getting good mileage.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:59 AM

That is how I feel when driving the wifes car. I go from the V8 to the 4 banger. If I need to go, I press the gas, and am like [sm=wtf.gif]

go go go damn it. [sm=roll.gif]

But don't get me wrong. it is a good car. And the wife likes it. As for the power, a lot better that the 96 civic she had. That was gutless. Especially with the AC on.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Then that is quite impressive. Mostly city mileage, at full throttle most of the time I'm sure. The funny thing is this reminds me of a remark that my Grandparents made about their '03 Stratus I4 when they first got it. They were impressed by how extremely powerful the 2.4L was. LOL! I'm sure if you've been driving nothing other than K based cars ('?? Aeris, '90 Spirit, '91 Acclaim, '93 Spirit, and '95 Spirit) for the last 20-25 years with NA 2.2L and 2.5L engines, a 2.4L would feel extremely powerful.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts