Notices
General 1970-1974 Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the E-body (1970-1974) Dodge Challenger

SHES GONE.....WITH PICS

Old 10-13-2007, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SHES GONE.....WITH PICS

Well the day finally came and my babys gone... to the body shop. I'll be dropping by every once in a while to take pictures of the process and I'll post them as I go along. I thought my Conquest would be ready, but a hard to find oil pump has put me behind. I should have the motor in by next week and I'll take some pictures of the engine compartment. I put hard lines on and braided steel oil and water lines. I can't wait to start driving that red pocket rocket.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHES GONE

Nice cant wait to see some pictures.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:52 AM

I went by last night to take the 70 tail light assembly so it could be fabbed up. Man... they have stripped it down. No doors, fenders, trunk lid, hood, grill, bumper. He has ground the rust out and added the floor pans. They are solid! While I was there my brother had arrived about 1300 and I had not left work until 1800. He had alot of the engine unbolted and I jump in to help him remove the rest so we could pull the motor. We then removed the trans cross member and dropped the trans out. I feel like its a good time to put the manual trans hump in so I'll be ready for the Keisler 5-speed conversion. Man am I going to spend some coin on this ride. But I need to do it right. Sorry no pictures, I was in such a hurry that I left without picking up the camera. My brother is going over today to pick up the engine and I asked him to take a few shots. So I hope to have some shots tonight.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:51 PM

Good luck with your project. I went through this with a Firebird I own and it is a long tedious process. Make sure you
stay on top of them so they do everything you want. I've been debating a manual trans swap myself as my 727 is leaking
like mad. Did they give you a timeframe when it might be complete?? Are you doing the drive train yourself??
Keep us posted.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 AM

Yeah he should be done by June of 2008. I have some pictures my brother took the other night when he went by to pick up the engine. I just have to get them from him and post it. My youngest brother Ted went with Jim to get the engine because he has a truck and wanted to see what the car looked like. He stood next to it and asked wheres the car at... Jim said your standing next to it He did'nt recognize the car. Warren the guy who is doing it has really been busy on the car. He has blasted the engine compartment and taken every thing out. All thats there is a shell. The quarter should be coming in next week and the 4-speed hump. That is all I need for now. And yes my brother Jim and myself will be putting in the drive train. We will freshen up the 340 and install the 5-speed. We had the motor out in 2 hours and 727 sitting on the floor. It will take longer to install no doubt But for now I will concentrate on the motor and a few engine parts I'll need to finish that part of it. And let Warren do his magic on the body. Hope to post some pics soon.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:07 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM

Ok this was my attempt to post pics of where we are with the resto. Thanks goes out to Warren for all his hard work and attetion he has put into this car
Old 10-30-2007, 03:33 PM

LOOKIN GREAT!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1009/7C56D2DC89384B54AEBE4CDAD7C5088A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 PM

Coming along great man.. Keep posting up pictures, for some reason i can never get enough of seeing E-bodies being restored.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:23 AM

Glad to see that the project is coming along. I'm sure the end result is going to be amazing. In the end the money spent will be well worth it.

Let me know if you decide to put in the 5 speed. I've been wanting to do this as well, but this will be my last mod considering the 4 speed still works.

Quick Reply: SHES GONE.....WITH PICS