Notices
General 1970-1974 Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the E-body (1970-1974) Dodge Challenger

SHES GONE.....WITH PICS

Old 11-02-2007, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHES GONE

My dad and I will hopfuly be doing some body work on the cuda this winter. i'll try to post some pics. too.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya tdub and yes jdb I have to go 5-speed now. I just dropped off the manual hump to be put in the floorboard This way I have no wiggle room to get out of. I have to take the plunge. I have the last piece of the puzzle on its way, the pass. side quarter skin. Warren should be able to finish the major body pieces now and concentrate on massaging the body and applying primer. tdub I can't wait to see your pics and enjoy the time with your Dad as you work on the Cuda together.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:17 AM

I'll second Lear on enjoying the time with your dad. I was 14 when my dad bought my Challenger in a basket, and the memories of countless junkyard runs, Carlisle excursions, and HOURS working together are priceless. Now, 18 years later, it's in my garage and my wife and kids enjoy it as much as I do!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:47 AM

Thats the best part about working and restoring a car. The time spent with family and friends, just talking and listening to great music. You sure get caught up on the current affairs of everyday life and good things happen. The time, effort, and expence makes it mean so much more personaly. Folks coming down the street think that we have unreliable cars, truth is we are never satisfied with the current state and see room for improvement. And a good excuse to get my brothers and sons together to have a wrench and bull session.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM

Well heres the latest pictures that I took the other night. Looks like I'm in the market for a drivers door. The metal was so weak that it would be hard to make it right. So I've been looking for a door everywhere. The passenger door looks pretty good and I'm real proud of the way the car is shaping up.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for posting. I like seeing the progress.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:32 AM

Thanks for sharing lear!

The body and lines look perfect. The outcome is going to look amazing. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Let me know the total cost of the keisler 5 speed, in the next year or two I want to buy that set up as well.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 AM

A friend of mine has two doors off a 70 for sale, but they're here in Southeast PA. Let me know if you have any interest, I'll get pics.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:05 AM

Thanks guys for the reply and yes Plum70Rag I would like some pictures of the drivers door if it not a big problem and thanks in advance for your help. jdb840 I will let you know in a few months what the total cost of a Kiesler 5-speed is and how much trouble or ease the install is. Warren is real meticulous about his work and I'm sure glad of that He has a friend with a Hemi Cuda and he has the Kiesler 5-speed. Its a sweet setup. So I'm looking forward to the install.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:12 AM

I now have the final body part I needed. Warren asked a Mopar friend who was going to a private Mopar junk yard to look for a drivers door and call back if they had one. He did and I bought it for the paultry sum of $300. And it came with a clear window also. Not a bad price at all and no shipping to boot. I'd been all over E-bay and they were wanting a nice sum of money and $150 to ship. I feel very fortunate to have a good honest man doing my resto. The car is looking real good and coming together nicley. While I went to pay for my door the man who picked it up for me, showed me some of the cars that were at his shop. A 1972 Cuda with a lg. 600+ HEMI and a Kiesler 5 speed trans and a DANA 60. The car was awsome and painted Black. It rode on a set of 20" wheels and it surely was a thing of beauty. He went to the Mopar yard to get parts for his next project... a 1971 Road Runner 383. So all in all areal good weekend.

Quick Reply: SHES GONE.....WITH PICS