View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Automakers trick out rides with iPods

Okay guys let me help you with a little technology. I grew up as a teenager with 8-tracks. I had several 8 track players in my car and a 8-track recorder in my house
so I could make my own tapes. I still have an automobile player and I still own my JVC 8-track recorder I grew up with.

Frequency reponse is poor (usually less than 10Khz), wow and flutter is horrible (companies don't even spec this any more because todays digital technology is so good) and
wear and tear on tapes is bad. This is the reason why cassette tapes replaced this old mechanical design.

The only thing that never beat 8-tracks was the fast song switch ability it had since it was only a tape head on a solenoid swich. CD's have never been faster.
Only recently with digital recordings has it been that fast.

They used to have an 8 track tape that was an electronic module that had a wire with an 1/8 jack so you could plug it into anything like a CB radio. They you could hear
the CB radio on your car stereo. Cassettes had a smiliar module in the future.

What would be cool would be to have the same thing but the ability to plug an MP3 player into this module and it would still look like an 8-track tape from the outside
but all electronics on the inside
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.