View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
cncpt2prod!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO CHRYSLER NOW

Home Depot's sales and store numbers went through the roof under this guy, but then the stock price started falling. My guess is the stock price went into a bubble probably, and when it burst investors were angry, and suddenly his compensation package was the media's main focus. That probably put pressure on the Home Depot board to oust him. In order for the investment group's investment to pay off they need to grow revenue and earnings (profit). Tough to do with Japanese competition, considering they have no unions and no mega executive compensation packages like we do. But this guy may be one of the best out there, or they wouldn't have hired him. He needs to push back on the unions, and improve product quality and marketing. If he can do these things, he wins. I heard his annual salary is $1, and the rest of his compensation is a combo of bonus and stock options. Stock options will work for him if the stock goes up, but I wonder what his bonus is tied to; probably revenue, costs, etc., etc. I hope he doesn't go after costs that affect product quality! He needs to go the opposite direction on that piece. I think a few employees may suffer from his changes, product quality will improve, and lifestyle marketing will improve. He'll probably get what he wants, if the unions let him. And above all... I hope he doesn't negatively affect the Challenger in any way!!