View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 05:13 PM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO CHRYSLER NOW

I wish there was a way for the unions to see that these workers for their education and money spent for personal advancement are way overpayed. The union is doing its job so to say... but they seemed to have priced the workers out of a career. I don't see how they can compete with a non-union plant. The non union plant pays in wages and compensations really well and can afford to sell their products at a lower price. Quality seems to be there also, all unions do is tie up time and workers. I have had very little contact with union plants, but what exposure I've had seemed time consuming and beurocratic. They wasted more time trying to get the right personel in place than it would be to do the job. Maybe this private Co. that bought Chrysler will be some sanity to the whole deal. I want our car companies to be competitive and finacially strong. But charging us a large markup because they overpay their workers is not the path I want to go down. So, wise up union workers and be honest with yourselves, are you really worth what you are charging your co. Also CEOs and supervisors... do you want this job in 5 years down the line. It may be gone... if you don't get real with yourselves. $55,000 for a car is insane and thats where we are heading.