View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 01:27 PM
TeeWJay426

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove an '07 Shelby GT

I'm going to relate this story to you guys, even though I know there are several Mustang haters among you. I went back to my hometown last weekend to judge the local Lion's club car show, which I do every year. My Dad used to be very active in the Lions and helped runthat show when he was alive, so the guys running it now request I come back to help judge it, and select the winner of his memorial award each year. Anyway, one of the chairmen of it is the sales manager for the local Ford and Dodge dealer, and he had a new 07 Shelby GT there on display. After the show was over, he needed someeone to bring it back to the dealership- I naturally couldn't volunteer fast enough. As I was getting in it to leave the park, he tells me to take it up the road and have some fun with it.... didn't need to tell me twice! I have liked the styling of the new Mustangs since they came out; this was the first I ever got to drive- and I was VERY impressed. I actually was trying to think how I could afford to buy it... it was that much fun! I know it had quite a bit more power than the standard Mustang GT, 370 vs 300 HP I believe, but this car just wanted to GO. Never have I been so tempted to go Ford than I was after that ride.