Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Drove an '07 Shelby GT

Old 08-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drove an '07 Shelby GT

axel..i understand what you mean.

in my last college hockey game played, there was a scuffle in front of the net after i made a save, and one of the opposing players fell/dove onto my left leg while it was extended..it hurt a ton, but i shook it off and finished the game. i iced it after the game and such, and it felt quite a bit better when i was at off ice condition later that week...and while running sprints, my left knee exploded. i tore my MCL, PCL, lateral mensicus, and "ruptured" my ACL. i went through tons of rehab after a lengthy surgery, and i was told that i would never skate again, i would probably never walk without a limp, and that i wouldnt be able to drive a manual transmission "Safely". they also told me to expect the beginnings of arthrits by the time i was 30. im 28, and i am already feeling the effects of arthritis pain, but regardless of what they said, i walk just fine, i skate regularly (although no longer at a competitive level) and i have recently purchased my turbo AWD laser, so that i can have a stick shift car to enjoy while i am still physically capable. my stratus RT coupe is an autostick, which i ordered right after i graduated, and right after they told me that i would not recover fully...and i hate that its an auto, although it has been a great car, and i still havent spent a dime on it, shy of brakes and tires...impressive considering that i had it FOUR DAYS before it was on a drag strip, and about two weeks before it had been through an autoX course...but i constantly wish that it was a stick.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

yes..."nonners" are people who belong to a given forum, but dont own a vehicle that applies to that forum...

i suppose that i am sort of the ultimate nonner...

before i was involved with all of the forums, the only experience that i had with mustang owners were the douchebags that i dealt with around home..typically stock GT or V6 drivers who ran their mouths and couldnt back it up..so i assumed that all mustang owners were douchebags. now that i run one of the largest stang sites on the internet, i realize that not all stang owners are douchebags, as i have met plenty like yourself that are good guys. hard to believe that i, of all people, have almost 11,000 posts (not counting off topic) at a mustang site...and ive made a bunch of friends there!

at this point, i care more about a fast car than i do the brand, although i would prefer a fast dodge. [8D]
Whats wrong with stock cars? lol
Old 09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

The biggest disappointment that I faced last time I went car shopping is that Chrysler hasn't had a coupe that was truely their design since the '93 Daytona. The other thing that frustrated me is that Chrysler is yet to have a coupe model powered by one of their OWN V6 engines. Every single time they offer a coupe, they never offer one of their own engines which really irritates me. I think its a mistake not to offer a coupe version of the new Avenger to replace the Stratus coupe. Although the Stratus coupe may not have been as popular as the sedan, there are still a lot of them on the road. I see a lot more of them than I see Monte Carlos.

I think the only weakness that the Stratus Coupe had was that the 3.0L was the top engine. If they would have squeezed in a 3.5L H.O., I think that might have caught the eye of performance enthusiants (forgive the spelling) who wanted more than 200hp, and people like myself that will only buy a Chrysler if it has a credible Chrysler engine (anything other than the 2.7L sludger).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts