View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drove an '07 Shelby GT

The biggest disappointment that I faced last time I went car shopping is that Chrysler hasn't had a coupe that was truely their design since the '93 Daytona. The other thing that frustrated me is that Chrysler is yet to have a coupe model powered by one of their OWN V6 engines. Every single time they offer a coupe, they never offer one of their own engines which really irritates me. I think its a mistake not to offer a coupe version of the new Avenger to replace the Stratus coupe. Although the Stratus coupe may not have been as popular as the sedan, there are still a lot of them on the road. I see a lot more of them than I see Monte Carlos.

I think the only weakness that the Stratus Coupe had was that the 3.0L was the top engine. If they would have squeezed in a 3.5L H.O., I think that might have caught the eye of performance enthusiants (forgive the spelling) who wanted more than 200hp, and people like myself that will only buy a Chrysler if it has a credible Chrysler engine (anything other than the 2.7L sludger).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts