Notices
Dodge Challenger SE Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SE should be placed here.

Test Drove an SE today

Old 12-09-2008, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Drove an SE today

I test drove a TorRed SE that was totally loaded today. Very nice car. Rides nice, quiet and everything. Best built quality Chrysler product I have ever seen. I looked at all of the gaps and the paint quality and could not find any issues at all. Too many options on it for me though. They really wanted me to buy now of course. They were willing to go for $300 over invoice. They told me they could easily locate the exact car/color I want.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:14 PM

Default RE: Test Drove an SE today

too many options??? one can NEVER have too many options in a car hahaha If I may make 1 suggestion, we have a second SE model here in Canada called the SXT, it basically comes as a loaded SE but with the foglamps, sunroof, satelite radio, and all wheel abs. I wouls suggest that purchase. Best bang for the buck in my opinion for the V6 line
Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM

Personally, I prefer to have as few options as possible on a car. Just that much less stuff to go wrong.

Also, no matter what, I'd NEVER get a sunroof. I've never seen anyone have one yet that doesn't leak after a few years.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:42 PM

I want the 27G package which has the 18 wheels and all of that stuff. The sunroof... well... I am giving in as I have always thought about leaks and the like. Wife wants me to get it. Everyone tells me that todays sunroofs do no leak like the before 2000's did. I just have never liked leather interiors... too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter... yea I know there are seat warmers in this car... but $1,000. Navigation.. I drive back and forth to work and quite honestly I like using an old tried and true map to figure out where to go. I thought I'd want the upgraded stereo as I am really into 80's rock but not sure it is worth that kind of $$. I am attempting to stay within a budget as my current old car will be given to our daughter so my downpayment is only cash too.

I guess everyone has their opinions about options. I am of the old school that the more options are on a car the more to go wrong with it. I'd be happy with A/C, a good stereo and away I go really. Just me... Everyone is different.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:40 PM

I for one LOVE all the bells and whistles, with the looks, AND the performance! For some that can be too much. I will say - the navigation and the bluetooth - handsfree phone are much more cumbersome than my Acura TL - but the Nav system is pretty detailed, even compared to the TL. Although, having to purchase a "fix" to progam while on the go is not something we are pursuing. The Canadian SXT seems like a pretty sweet option if the V6 is your desire and it isn't too far. The Challenger is a sweet purchase. One word of warning - if deep down inside you want some of that, Hemi, 6speed, fun tech options - do it now - never compromise.

Good luck! The ride is fabulous and the attention ain't that bad either
Old 12-10-2008, 04:50 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey
Personally, I prefer to have as few options as possible on a car. Just that much less stuff to go wrong.
Yeah, that's pretty much my thinking too. The base car already comes fully loaded.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:31 AM

Mopar I take the same outlook when it comes to leather as well, I have the same package you purchased and love it. the sunroof was a bonus as I haven't had 1 in years. Nav didn't need, but everything else was in the package.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:04 AM

You could do like I did, Mopar: Order a stripped-down SE then have the dealer install whatever options you want. For example, all I got was the SRT-R/T-style gas cap, fog lamps and compact spare tire. Each one individually was pretty high-priced (ie., the gas cap was something like $165), but it was still a lot cheaper in the long run than getting one with some package you really don't want.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:03 AM

Roswell..... $165 for the cap US??? crap mine ran me $179 cdn, so that works out to like what $25 US hahaha, actually I was pretty impressed the fuel door was that cheap, the first guy quoted me like $513 but I think that was for the entire fuel hose/tank/door/tube etc... he wasn't a great aftermarket guy.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:08 AM

I think that anymore, $179 Canadian is about $165 U.S. Our dollar ain't what it used to be. [&:]
Yeah, the $513 had to be for the entire fuel-delivery system. What was that guy thinking????

Quick Reply: Test Drove an SE today