Notices
Dodge Challenger SE Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SE should be placed here.

Test Drove an SE today

Old 12-27-2008, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Test Drove an SE today

Just paid $135.70 for the fuel cap at the local dealer of all places.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:49 AM

More options = more possible problems. Sunroofs are nice until they leak. Seat warmers are great until they short or the heater element burns through the seat cushion and the seat catches on fire and burns your bottom. I don't think I'll ever get those options again. Maybe not a problem with Dodge, I don't know.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: OhioHemiRT

More options = more possible problems. Sunroofs are nice until they leak. Seat warmers are great until they short or the heater element burns through the seat cushion and the seat catches on fire and burns your bottom. I don't think I'll ever get those options again. Maybe not a problem with Dodge, I don't know.
I don't think it matters what company a car comes from. For example, my boss has been telling me since two days before Christmas about the problems his son is having with a fully-loaded 2007 Impala. The car simply won't start. It won't even crank. Only some of the lights work. Up until this started one morning, the car (which has about 9,000 miles on it) had been perfectly fine. It's at a Chevy dealer right now and even they can't figure out what the problem is. The simple fact is, all cars now are far too complicated. As I understand it, when the dealer installed the fog lights on my Challenger, the car's computer had to be reprogrammed to recognize the fact that fog lights are now there. Why is something like this even a computer function? I sometimes doubt that today's cars are going to be around in 30 or 40 years like the original muscle cars are still with us today. Having everything computerized is going to kill these cars faster than anything.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:56 PM

The 'programming' thing maybe if you have the fogs on and then turn on the headlights the fog lights go off. Or, maybe if you leave them on after turning off the car they stay on for X minutes and then automatically turn off... who knows.