Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Drove an '07 Shelby GT

Old 08-14-2007, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drove an '07 Shelby GT

Probably not the whole 6K. The cost of what it would be for the install and any painting. That is for the people who don't do their own install. With it sold as this, they can't void the warranty as well. Adding all that stuff on your own, could void the warranty. Though legally they have to prove what you installed caused the failure, Ford seems not to care. They figure they have deeper pockets for lawyers than the average person.

So would that guy give you a deal at least? since you do volunteer for the event, and he is a sales manager.

But all in all, as the Challenger is so close to being released, I would wait for that. I bought my Mustang, because it was almost 2 years ago, and I couldn't wait. If I had the neon totaled right about now, I could wait. But I don't know how you are set up, so if you can have both. the more power to you. That would be a great site when a garage door opened up.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Administrator

so many people at DF are tired of waiting for dodge to release a sports car that doesnt cost 80 grand, or that doesnt have 4 doors, that there are more and more "nonner" owners there..

i would be lying if i said that i DIDNT look at a camaro SS and a terminator earlier this summer..but we got the laser and the demon instead, and saved 20 grand or so...
Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 PM

"nonner"?

What does that mean? as in non dodge owners?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator

yes..."nonners" are people who belong to a given forum, but dont own a vehicle that applies to that forum...

i suppose that i am sort of the ultimate nonner...

before i was involved with all of the forums, the only experience that i had with mustang owners were the douchebags that i dealt with around home..typically stock GT or V6 drivers who ran their mouths and couldnt back it up..so i assumed that all mustang owners were douchebags. now that i run one of the largest stang sites on the internet, i realize that not all stang owners are douchebags, as i have met plenty like yourself that are good guys. hard to believe that i, of all people, have almost 11,000 posts (not counting off topic) at a mustang site...and ive made a bunch of friends there!

at this point, i care more about a fast car than i do the brand, although i would prefer a fast dodge. [8D]
Old 08-14-2007, 01:08 PM

I understand about the image of mustang owners. I almost didn't buy my Mustang because of the perception of the mustang owner. I think it was Jeremiah that convinced me to go for it by basically saying "who cares". With that and having the ability to get it with the X-Plan which was a few hundred below dealers invoice, i went and got it.

MF has gotten a lot better since I joined it. Less riffraff Aholes. There are still some, but with a site that big, what can you do. I do avoid OT though.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Administrator

even i avoid OT, unless im in a bad mood, and im looking for a fight...

I would like to think that i have alot to do with the steady removal of the troublemakers on MF, as many of them have been around for a LONG time, and at this point, pretty much all of the mods are good guys, and even if they do own mustangs, they arent obnoxious fanboys.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:50 AM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD
So would that guy give you a deal at least? since you do volunteer for the event, and he is a sales manager.

But all in all, as the Challenger is so close to being released, I would wait for that. I bought my Mustang, because it was almost 2 years ago, and I couldn't wait. If I had the neon totaled right about now, I could wait. But I don't know how you are set up, so if you can have both. the more power to you. That would be a great site when a garage door opened up.
I actually probably could get a decent deal from him, as I've known him for a long time, and my Mom has bought her last 2 cars there as well. Even so, I gotta wonder how good the deal could be.... like you said, the Challenger is getting near, and I would prefer that, although my faith in it's being produced in an affordable package close to the concept is shaky at best...... and I may be cooking up a deal on another 'classic' Dodge as well, which may be happening soon, which will require financial resources that would prevent a Shelby purchase...
Old 08-15-2007, 05:04 AM

Yep, that X-plan is why I got both of mine. I'll sit back and wait if I have to in order to use the one for the Challenger. If it's like the Mustang then I should be able to get it a year after it comes out.

Technically, I own a Dodge, but I usually don't drive it. Here's what I've had, keep in mind I'm not that old either.

79 Toyota Corolla

80 something Audi

93 Plymouth Sundace

00 Dodge Dakota

00 Dodge Dakota, not a typo

00 Dodge Ram (let's just say financing trouble with the Dakota before the Ram.)

01 Dodge Dakota

00 Plymouth Breeze

03 Dodge Ram (piece of junk, lemon that had so many problems it wasn't funny)

05 Dodge Neon (wife's, techinically mine since I financed it for her)

06 Ford Mustang GT

07 Ford Mustang GT

08 Dodge Avenger (wife's, again technically mine since I financed it)

So, I can say that for the most part I have been Chrysler loyal. Unfortunately they really blew it for me when they brought out the Charger. I like the looks of it and probably would have gotten it over the Mustang, but the final kicker that blew it for me, though the four door definitely pushed it and it not looking anything like a Charger, was the fact that it had no stick. A true muscle car has a stick.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 AM

You must have a big garage...[8D]

Question for you on the Charger. If Dodge released the car as is but with a different badge would you feel differently about it? I have never heard of a sedan really as a muscle car so an automatic would seem to be fine. I put the car in the "sport sedan" category rather than a muscle car.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:37 AM

Yeah, don't I wish. I only own the 07 GT and the Avenger. The others were cars that I had in the past.

I would. I mean don't get me wrong I still like the car, I just don't like the fact that it carries the Charger name and they try to actually pass it off as a muscle car, SRT-8 is where I get that from. Though the stick would still actually be the thing that would keep me away from it. If at all possible, and as long as I'm physically able, I will do what I can to never own an automatic again. Guess I'm strange that way.

Quick Reply: Drove an '07 Shelby GT