Old 09-15-2007, 04:47 AM
Cuda340

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question about Customizing my own challenger

I think that it may be difficult to custom order a Challenger the first year due to the pent up demand. Even if it is possible, you will be paying big bucks for it.

If you can wait, like me, it is better to buy one off of the lot in 2009 in order to get a better deal. A lot, of course, will depend on how quickly the Challengers are moving.

When you order a car, it is not like the old days when you could order everything from special hoods to axel ratios. Most company's like Dodge, group the "extras" in packages. The only advantage in custom ordering is that you can avoid paying for an option package that you do not want. (Many dealers order their cars loaded to maximize profits. Go to www.dodge.com and look at the window stickers for cars currently on dealer lots).

For example, if you are buying a Dodge Charger, you have available Option Groups 1, 2, 3, and a sunroof. These groups contain the following items:

AY3 SRT Option Group 3- $2,355:

Includes 6-disc CD player, full map GPS navigation system, auto-dimming rearview mirror and UConnect hands-free communication.

AY2 SRT Option Group 2- $1,245:

Includes 11 speakers Kicker SRT high performance audio, 200-watt Kicker SRT subwoofer, 276-watt Kicker SRT amplifier, AM/FM stereo, cassette player , 6-disc CD player with MP3 playback capability and security alarm.
XRV Rear Seat Video System
Includes in-dash 6-disc CD/DVD player with auxiliary inputs, rear console mounted 7" LCD screen, remote control, 2 wireless headphones and Kicker Mobile surround sound system.

GWA Power Sunroof- $950:

AY1 SRT Option Group 1- $675:

Includes dual zone automatic climate control, air filtering, automatic headlamps, heated front seats and 1-touch up and down front windows.