Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Question about Customizing my own challenger

Old 09-14-2007, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Customizing my own challenger

I know EXACTLY how i want my challenger. I believe I can get it. When they are released to the public what are the chances of going to the dealership and telling them EXACTLY what they want and them make it in the factory, or is that even possible? If i am going to do this should i try to go thought the www.dodge.com website? or go through a dealer? I just don't see a reason in paying 30k+ and not getting EXACTLY what you want.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question about Customizing my own challenger

I have not bought a new car since 1990 and I did not order it, I bought off the lot. So I'm not sure how to go about it. But i did see something on the YAHOO page. It had pictures of the american sedans and you pick one. Then it takes you to GM or FORD or CHRYSLER and you choose a car. They even have the Challenger. I think you add what you want to it and it gives you a cost. I'll go back now and try it out. But I think you will have to go to the dealer and order what it is you want in your Challenger. Then wait until they build it for you. Its kind of exciting in a strange way, waiting until they put together what you have instructed them to and then picking up your own taylor made car. Cool. Then you just wait... and wait. Then wait some more, but when it comes in, Yeah... thats what I'm talking about, Close down the street, cause Daddies playing and its going to get ugly!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

I believe that when they release it, you could probably go to www.dodge.com and build one. You can build cars on there the way you want them I believe. Give that a try would be my advice.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-14-2007, 09:56 AM

I built me a Dodge ram on the www.dodge.com but when it got done it showed me the price...and i seen the link to "check credit" so i imagine if my credit went through they could simply start making the car? or does that mean "you have good enough credit to go to a dealership and pick something they have". As i have stated before these cars are WAY to expensive to just take whatever they have on the lot and live with it.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:16 PM

You can always order from the factory just as Lear and RLSH describe. I think you'd be in for a long wait if you did that right in the first few months, when supply is thin and demand is high. But I agree, if you're going to drop the $$ on a brand new car, best to have it built just how you want it.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

That is what I did when I ordered my 1990 Dodge Caravan. I ordered it with all of the options I wanted......it just took about 3 months to build and get it.

I have always liked ordering my car and getting what I wanted and nobody else has been using it. When you only see 1 mile on the odometer, you know they have been
moving it around in the parking lot.

I plan to do the same thing, unless there is one with all of the options I want, in the color I want.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:45 PM

So what does Dodge do, Jeremiah. Tell you which dealership to go pick it up at? Or do you tell them where you want to get it? This sounds like it may be the best way to get the Challenger.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that it may be difficult to custom order a Challenger the first year due to the pent up demand. Even if it is possible, you will be paying big bucks for it.

If you can wait, like me, it is better to buy one off of the lot in 2009 in order to get a better deal. A lot, of course, will depend on how quickly the Challengers are moving.

When you order a car, it is not like the old days when you could order everything from special hoods to axel ratios. Most company's like Dodge, group the "extras" in packages. The only advantage in custom ordering is that you can avoid paying for an option package that you do not want. (Many dealers order their cars loaded to maximize profits. Go to www.dodge.com and look at the window stickers for cars currently on dealer lots).

For example, if you are buying a Dodge Charger, you have available Option Groups 1, 2, 3, and a sunroof. These groups contain the following items:

AY3 SRT Option Group 3- $2,355:

Includes 6-disc CD player, full map GPS navigation system, auto-dimming rearview mirror and UConnect hands-free communication.

AY2 SRT Option Group 2- $1,245:

Includes 11 speakers Kicker SRT high performance audio, 200-watt Kicker SRT subwoofer, 276-watt Kicker SRT amplifier, AM/FM stereo, cassette player , 6-disc CD player with MP3 playback capability and security alarm.
XRV Rear Seat Video System
Includes in-dash 6-disc CD/DVD player with auxiliary inputs, rear console mounted 7" LCD screen, remote control, 2 wireless headphones and Kicker Mobile surround sound system.

GWA Power Sunroof- $950:

AY1 SRT Option Group 1- $675:

Includes dual zone automatic climate control, air filtering, automatic headlamps, heated front seats and 1-touch up and down front windows.