View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 PM
awsure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plug pulled on UK Challenger

No I do not believe it would raise the price to sell more units internationally...just the opposite in fact. Overall, the more units made I think the lower the overall unit cost as economies of scale kick in with regard to the parts supplied most directly. I agree with you that a broader base would keep prices down.

You mention the audience & that is precisely my point. I just can't see a major reason to go after Australia strictly on the numbers & you must admit the corporation is keenly aware of demographics. Not necessarily how many cars will folks buy because you cannot guarantee that. You can however look at how many folks are there in the right age group, gender, economic situation, etc... likely to buy the car. You start to peel apart the Australia market numbers & compare to the U.S. it's a no-brainer where to begin.

You are a marketing major right? Let's say you are the marketing director for this new company and put yourself in their shoes right now. You have to make some careful decisions which unfortunately sometimes means your head overrules your heart and caution wins out. I just think wise money says let's prove the car in America and then move to other foreign lands.

I want the Aussies to get Challengers but I understand the decision. It's sensible.