Old 09-18-2007, 04:37 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NASCAR Busch Series may switch to muscle cars

IROC still around? As in Daytona!

That was really a novel approach to determining a racer's driving acumen. And if it's a Mopar selected again, a good car wins every race!

Seriously though, mustn't there be an undeniable cacophonous din emanating from NASCAR fans discernible from the deafest ears of NASCAR execs hungry to attract new and retain existing fans to the sport. Isn't that the original appeal of NASCAR anyway? For one to project themselves in fantasy into one of the cars competing. "I'm driving in essence the same car as the winner of that race" Nothing sells the illusion like real cars.....

As far as rear wheel vs. front wheel, I'd say post no limitations. As I understand it (since I've never raced I can't state for certain) rear wheel drive cars handle better in racing scenarios; but, I also know that back in the day you'd never see a front wheel drive vehicle at the drag and now a days the tuners with their fart cars (in homage to the noise of those odd exhaust systems) are at the drag, so maybe there's enough talent for those who can win w/ front wheel drive. Regardless, I'd like to see someone, race production cars and win true bragging rights.

One could argue it all started to go down hill when NASCAR outlawed the HEMI as opposed to coming up with a more creative approach to level the playing field and retain all those GM/FORD fans.