Old 09-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Shots: Ford Mustang Bullitt caught!

I hate it and I'll tell you why. Saturation. There are more versions of this car then any other car I can think of, which I'm sure someone will point out others, and all that is done is mainly body work. The rest is a minor bump in power here and bump in suspension there. I like the Shelby GT500, but not the Shelby GT. That is just a joke. Ford is trying to milk everything for what this is worth and people will buy it. I'm happy with my GT, no Billet, no California Special, no clear coat mother of pearl neon green. If I want those things then let me go out and get them, don't saturate the market with all of it straight from the factory.

As for the engines, the V6 really is a joke. I mean 210 hp for a pony car. Really? I mean weren't there critics out there complaining about the Avenger R/T not having enough hp, that the Toyota this and the whatever that had more power and that this was low compared to those? Where were they when the Mustang came out? 25 more hp on a family sedan then in a sports car, Avenger with ten less then the old 5.9 V8. I would say that the Avenger V6 is actually pretty impressive if you ask me. Maybe not on par with the Charger engine, but is it suppose to be? I thought it was in a lower class for a reason.

As for the V8 Mustang, I am impressed with it and the mileage. Sticker is 19/28. Sticker on the 3.5L V6 Charger is 21/28. Not much difference. The 5.7 takes a bigger jump, obviously at 17/24. It might not be a big difference, but it might be enough to make people pay attention a little and make a decision off of that. Though at the same time I doubt it because if you are driving the R/T and SRT, I'm sure MPG doesn't really matter that much, though for me it would since I would be driving the R/T.

Now the hp thing. Yeah, Dodge does have and advantage on the Stang when it comes to the 5.7L, but my question is, will that make a difference when this car comes out? HP only goes so far, but if this car outweighs the Mustang by over 1,000, speculation since I don't know for sure yet, then wouldn't that pretty much negate the 145 hp difference? Woudn't the get up and go in these cars pretty much be the same do to the weight?

I'm no fan of Ford, seriously, just the muscle cars, hence the only reason I own the Ford right now, but no other Ford in my life. I don't care what it is or who it's made by as long as it's American, but if I had half the chance then I would jump on with the Challenger in a heartbeat. Dodge/Chrysler, has been my love pretty much all my life, but I would have a hard time dishing out $5,000-$10,000 more for a car that runs on par with the Stang, but can't outrun it, which may be hard to do anyway because of solid rear axel VS IRS and weight. Will be interesting to see how the weight and the IRS will effect the take off power of this car off of the line.