Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Spy Shots: Ford Mustang Bullitt caught!

Old 09-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Shots: Ford Mustang Bullitt caught!

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Axle: It was fun debating. I enjoyed the discussion of ideas. A little advice, don't wish bad luck on your cars because when you do, it will happen to the car that you like and the car that you don't like will end up spotless (believe me, I've been there before). Most of the answers to your question, we are going to have to wait and see.

Patrick: I know plenty of people that had 1st gen Intrepids with the 3.5L who switched over to the 2.7L in the 2nd gen hoping for better fuel economy who found that the 3.5L got the same fuel mileage and others had your experience of better fuel economy. Being that the models you drove were heavier and less arrow dynamic, I have no doubts that the fact that the 2.7L is very underpowered would come through even more and would as a result get worse fuel mileage. The 3.5L is a good engine, it just needs an update is all, since the last time it got an update was over eight years ago. I just want to see them being able to compete with the other cars in the same class with the same engine size is all.

TechmanBD: I hear you loud and clear about the dark green color choice. That is one of my favorite color on cars as well.

Back to the 2001 Bullitt, didn't they offer a Ram-Air or something along those lines as well? I remember the output being at least 5hp & 3ft-lbs of tq. These upgrades are very insignificant in performance-in fact, I think I remember reading that the Bullit was slower than the regular GT in some tests 0-60 for it was around 5.8secs; meanwhile, the normal GT was supposed to be around 5.6 secs-but they add a lot to the pricing. Also, didn't they have special gauges as well?

i dont know about gauges, but the Bullitt in 2001 was almost nothing as far as performance...it was an badge package, and a wing delete...and it may have had the chin spolier, but im about 95% sure that the ram air was only used on the Mach 1s.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:24 PM

Shoot. It looks good to me. and it's in my favorite color. I'm a sucker for green but can't usually find a good green on a car. The shape is sleek. It does look a bit cheap, but it's beautiful.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 AM

And that would be why they keep throwing this out and throwing that out. As long as people pay for them then they are going to milk it.

And I don't disagree that any of them look bad. It is just overkill on an oversaturated car as it is. People want choices then fine, but one million choices is just to much. I hate Dodge for forcing choices down our throats, I want remote start I don't want to have to throw in leather to get it, and I dislike Ford for giving way to many choices that are way overpriced. I'm sure that Bullitt isn't really going to be worth the money that they are asking for, but more power to anyone who would like to buy it. I just think it would be cheaper to do the upgrades yourself, including the paint.

RLSH: Enjoyed the debate myself and you're right, wishing bad luck on the vehicles is probably not a good idea.

1badmirada: The only thing I can think about with the gas mileage on the 2.7L would be the weight of the vehicle and how hard the engine would have to work. It would be like throwing a 4 cylinder in a Ram, I'm sure the gas mileage in that thing would really suck, no pun intended.