Old 09-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Shots: Ford Mustang Bullitt caught!

Oh yeah, forgot about the breast cancer support version Mustang. Now I'm all for support and all, but that's a little overkill. Oh yeah, they also have Mustang cologne. What next, Mustang transaxle aftershave?

And that's what I hate about a lot of things. People just look at the power of the car, but I hope there are people that look at other things about this car. I have to say that I really hate the power in the Avenger, the SE and the SXT that is. I know that the SE is a four cylinder, but I swear the Neon moved a lot better then this did with less power. Of course this is a lot more car even if it does have more power then the Neon. The SXT with the E-85 V6 really isn't any better. Now when we got in the R/T, I was pretty impressed. To me it does the job and would get us out of the way of traffic. I'm very impressed with the transmission on the four cylinder and the 3.5L V6. They are very smooth and something I would never expect from an auto. This car is really nice if people would give it a chance. To me it has enough power and doesn't need to be bumped up there with my Mustang GT. If you want that much power then get a sports car or a truck. Though I can't say anything about the gas mileage. Yes, being as old as this engine is and the gas prices, that is something they definitely should have improved on, or just have thrown the HO engine in it.

My fault on the mpg on the GT. I was trying to find a window sticker to look at, mine is in my car and I was/am at work so I couldn't grab it, so I just looked online real quick. Apparently I saw the 4. and didn't notice the 0 after it. That's what I get for being in a hurry, blind, or maybe just both. lol. Thanks for correcting me on that one. On another note, sadly, it doesn't look like they really care about the V6 market. Just offering something as cheaply made as they could so they could get it to the younger audience who can't afford the GT. To be honest, I'm really surprised the GT isn't more cheaply made like the V6 considering the price it is offered for. Though it is still cheap considering the solid rear axel and the many upgrades that you can get for this thing just through Ford Racing alone. And it's not like Mopar upgrades, it is quite simply things that should have been on the car from the factory, but it would have bumped the price up to much.

And again on the Charger. Remind me to not go to a Go Dodge website when I look up those window stickers. Seems they are all screwed up. I pulled one up for the 3.5L V6 on the Charger and it gave me the 21/28. I pulled one up for the AWD V6 and it's the 17/24 you mentioned. I did the second one from the top and the last one on the bottom. http://www.gocarsandtrucks.com/index...ymm&radius=200

I'm curious about that weight though, is that for the concept? I'm wondering what things are going to make the production heavier or lighter? I know some is going to be added for the hood since it most likely won't be carbon fiber, and then some would be taken off for the wheels as I doubt they are going to be that big. I do hope that they bring it down though and it doesn't outweigh the Mustang by that much. What does 1badmirada say? Every 100 lbs takes off how many point of a second off the quarter mile? 750 may not be 1000, but it still would be a nice amount to add some 0-60 time onto this car. That's my main concern. How fast can I get my butt up and moving on that on ramp to the highway? lol.

Right now I was just thinking about the R/T and the GT for comparisons. The SRT and Shelby's are in a different class and I hope that when we are able to start comparing those in the near future that it will in fact have a 6.4L in it. I'm sure at some time it will, but we are going to have to wait a little bit until that happens. I can't wait to see KR taken