Old 09-24-2007, 10:57 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Shots: Ford Mustang Bullitt caught!

Here is a site with more detailed info on fuel mileage ratings. www.fueleconomy.gov Now I'm going to warn you that you have to make sure of which ratings you are looking at between the 85-07 type or the 08 and after ratings. They have adjusted every category for the new ratings so you have to be sure which ones you are looking at.

The AWD versions of the Charger whether it is the 3.5L or the 5.7L are equal on fuel economy but the 3.5L lost 3 mpg in the process (possibly due to slight gearing changes plus the AWD system) and the 5.7L only lost 1 mpg.

Don't worry about the errors, Us all mistake made once in a while. I have driven all version of the 2008 Avenger and I agree that the 3.5L has plenty of power, but the issue is the competition is offering more and when you want to rebuild your image you have to match your competition if not exceed them. I have driven the competition (Aura, Camry, older Altima, etc.) and I hate to say it but they do feel a little more powerful. The reason why the fuel mileage has not improved much is due to the gearing and the lack of some modern technology. The gearing is still acceleration orientated at 3.43, if they want to be more competitive in the fuel mileage category they need to put it probably in the 3.07 range. The 3.5L is about the only new car that lacks a VVT system which would really help it stay more competitive in both categories. The SE and SXT both feel pretty powerless I agree. The SE would feel better though if they would have dropped in the new six-speed auto over the 40TES. The 2.7L V6 needs to be given the Donald Trump treatment (You're sludged!) as it really doesn't serve a purpose anymore and really was never needed in the first place.

Yes the 750lbs difference is quite significant. Hopefully they are able to come up with an idea on how to make it weigh less. It will be interesting to see how they do all of this.

Patrick: That's what it sounds like overall. Just another attempt by Ford to weasel a few extra dollars out of the consumers pocket book without a truely justifiable model, just like the Shelby GT is.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts