Old 03-02-2006, 08:21 AM
sambo77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will they get it right? What do you think?

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

I agree with most of your ideas sambo77,
As for a budget leader V8 model, yes I agree they would be wise to offer the 5.7L HEMI under $30,000. They could very easily do this by striping down on the standard luxury options. The Charger and Magnum are able to sell the engine just under $30,000 and they have all kinds of luxury options. It can be lowered in price, but the chances of them doing that I'm afraid is minimal, so I'm just hopeful they will offer a V6 that will rival their V8 in power and rival their V6 in sale price.

SEE,I don't think you are truly getting what I am saying about a base model "V8" performance budget minded varriant of the Challenger. THIS should be the highest volumed varriant of the Challenger! Case and point is the fact that the most popular and most sought after varriant of the MUstang IS the base "V8" model Mustang-GT! many dealerships hand to wait months to get extra units of this model after Ford put their assembly plants into "overtime" to meet PUBLIC DEMAND for a budget V8 pony car NOT the V6...

THAT is why there needs to be a budget V8 variant of the Challenger @ the same MSRP range of $25,000-$27,000 current MSRP for the base V8 model Mustang-GT !!!

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a base V6 model, BUT, WE NEED A BUDGET V8 CHALLENGER MODEL AS WELL!!!