View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big Three to shift into '08 models

Truck tuned? Maybe built to tow in terms of it not falling apart, but definitely not truck tuned. I mean the tq should be higher in the Ram not in the cars. Also, the band for hp and tq really isn't good when it comes to towing. The arguement there is that it builds to it, but that is a very large build and a very high range to keep the RPMs in in order to access that power. 345 hp at 5,400 RPM and 375 lb tq at 4,200 RPM sound more like something that should be in a sports car or muscle car, not in a towing truck. I didn't mind because I didn't tow with it, but at the same time I knew I was never accessing the full power of that engine in my 2500. Kind of disappointing really.

I'm having a hard time doing it, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to wait until the 09 model, which I have stated before. As someone said, I want the best that they have available and it sounds like the best is going to be out in 09. Gonna be really hard to see those going past me, but I will find comfort sitting and knowing that I will in fact own a better one once they bring out all the new toys.

As for the upgrading, are we still sure that we are still going to have Mopar Performance in the near future? Are they going to keep that part of the business?