View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big Three to shift into '08 models

Yes, it is very true to not compare these two as they really can't be compared. Almost like they are two different engines considering the setup they have from the truck to the car. Kind of a backwards change, but at the same time it makes one stand up and take notice of how much and exhaust can make a difference on a vehicle. Can't we just eliminate that completely and throw on the pipes out the side of the car, no caty converter? Yeah, I wish. And yes, I will agree that this engine isn't terribly bad for towing and is definitely an improvement over the 5.9L, the problem that most people complain about is that with the power that high, many people have to downshift to keep the truck moving uphill and towing, which is a given, but the noise is very excessive.

One thing that has impressed me about new cars these days is that they thankfully don't have problems like first years of yesteryear. There are definitely exceptions to the rule, but so far my wife's Avenger is doing ok, though I've had other first years that haven't, hence the exceptions to the rule. Technology is helping, but still hasn't gotten us to the point where we would like to be. Now another question, 08 will definitely be the first year of this car and the kinks should be worked out by 09, but in 09 we will have new engines which would mean new problems correct?