View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:57 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rush Limbaugh nailed it!

I try to avoid political topics on this forum as I don't want to see it get too political because politics destroys a friendly atmosphere and turns people who would otherwise be best friends in real life into bitter enemies. I will say this though. Our troops who come back disabled from the war have it worse than anyone else. I have heard of people living under bridges who fought bravely in Iraq who have to live there because Uncle Sam doesn't want to repay his debt to them and that is just plain wrong. Not to mention how some military hosiptals lack the most basic things for those who have to stay there like toothpaste, hair shampoo, etc. A good friend of mine had a particular medical problem and instead of dealing with the inevitable, they put him on Motrin for two years for it to grow worse and more expensive to fix and put him at a severe risk of becoming physically disabled.

I feel sorry for those who lost their families on 9/11, nothing will replace their loss; however, in my eyes our troops come first. The thing that makes me nervous about some dramatic changes our government wants to make to certain programs is I have witnessed how poorly our government manages these issues no matter who is in charge and the people who worked to earn such benefits never get them and the people who complain enough to the media camera.

I frankly think that it is time to put an end to paying members of Congress and the President or at least giving them a giantic pay cut. They are full of bribes and kick backs; therefore, I don't think they need the salaries they get. If they don't like being a servant of the people, then they don't have to run for office in the first place.

I really would prefer to leave my comments at this and this alone. I'm going to warn anybody and everybody right now no matter which side you are on or how long you have been here, if this topic gets out of hand and personal attacks starts flying, it will be locked. So far no body has done anything wrong yet but I just want to remind you as this could be a hot topic.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts