Old 10-11-2007, 04:43 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second Chally off Production Line On Sale On Ebay

Some people know the price of everything and value of nothing. The pleasure derived from using a car or the utilitarian purpose of being transported is the only value I would glean from a car.

I'm a simple man, I invest my money in mutual funds, savings bonds and real estate. Automobiles do not represent a re-sale for profit opportunity, but rather a potential for the enjoyment of consuming their services to me.

If someone were giving me one, yeah I'd take the GT too, if I were purchasing I'd buy the viper pocket the "extry cash" (paradox), or again, get a challenger and viper for the same money! :-)

I'm glad we can agree on the 500. I find it disheartening, that a company as innovative as Ford was in the 80's to get us out of the box and angle trend of styling in the 80's, with of all things the Taurus (further disheartening they would besmirch such a valued product line that fought the good fight 'til the Camry became king) and began what would be THE streamlined look of the 90's, would come back 18 years or so later with a car that appears to me like a big American interpretation of a Passat/A4 or kind of original Taurus looking. I liked those designs when they came out in the mid/late 90's (Taurus late 80's) but for your flag ship to be so vapid and dated? It didn't go w/ the whole GT40 thing leading them back to being an aggressive forward looking company.

I understand the 500 handles nicely and hasn't been too bug prone.....I just wish they had maybe leaned more in the direction of the Fusion or the Milan.....or hell, do a re-work of the Crown Vic....like the soon to be Imperial......