Old 10-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification

I used the term with newbies and welcome them with "Ride that Challenger passion" alot.

I found this post that I shared with awsure on July of last year ( www.dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4782 ) and since we have so many newbies
I wanted to make sure they knew where I was coming from:

quote:

ORIGINAL: awsure

My passion is pretty intact...trust me. I am super geeked about the Challenger and will absolutely have one. Thanks for the discussion...just wanted to really get some inelligent feedback
awsure......just for clarification just know that when I talk about passion, I am referring to an enthusiasm but not a boundless enthusiasm.

True passion is a boundless enthusiasm.....one that you live for and live by.......and for me that is Jesus Christ.

Hobbies is something you should enjoy but not live by. The danger is sometimes hobbies/interests can be all
consuming to the point that that is all we think about.

Priorities in life should be:

1. God - Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
2. Family- Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
3. Friends - Luke 10:27 Love your neighbor as yourself
4. Work - Ephesians 6:7 Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
5. The rest - Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

The scripture below is what I read last night that made me write this post, so not to confuse people when I use the phrase "passion for the Challenger".

Titus 2:11-15 NIV

11For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.
True passion is a boundless enthusiasm.....one that you live for and live by and for me that is Jesus Christ.

While I believe the Challenger is one of the best and baddest looking cars on this planet and I used to own one that I dated my sweetheart in and eventually married her and so I have emotions with this car....I do not live for the Challenger.

This is just for clarification.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.