Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification

Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification

I agree that may have been a bit too much so I just erased it. I'm not here to throw stones or espouse any religious and political beliefs and after further review it was decided that we would all be better off without that post. So, hope that's OK. I just don't want God being rammed down my throat on a "car-appreciation" forum, that's all.

I think from now on I'll just stay out of this particular section of the forum. The rest of the site rules though and I have enjoyed getting to hear a lot of different and interesting perspectives on a number of different things. I know enough now about the Dodge Challenger to be semi-dangerous and I thank all of you for helping me learn a lot more than I ever imagined about such a terrific automobile. That post I deleted was pretty funny though Skip, ya have to admit! : )

PS: We do drive like A-Holes here in the Northeast, especially Boston (The Sports Capital of the World) and that's why guys like me need to drive the Mustangs and the Challengers of the world - t help us get out of the way of some of those other crazies who occupy our roadways! I decided to take it easy on the Skins fans, but if I hear any comments about Belichick running up the score, then the gloves are coming off. It just seems that a lot of players and coaches seem to be whining about the Pats scoring touchdowns late in the 4th quarter with a sizeable lead rather then just taking a knee and riding out the clock. My feeling is that these players are all professionals...and if you don't like getting beat then figure out a way to win. I'm really looking forward to the Indy game!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

My opinion (and shared by others) is Belichick is making a statement...I don't need to cheat....but I'm pretty sure he cheated against us and as soon as I edit the game recording to show that I'll share it!

Old 10-31-2007, 02:46 PM

Just wanted to clear up some things. Honestly I don’t think your problem is with Christians per se as much as with "hypocritical Christians.” Yankee, The religion deal for Christians that are not carnal (worldly) minded is a non issue, no where in the bible will you see Jesus, God, the prophets, or the apostles coming up with, Catholic, Protestant, Lutheran, Apostolic, Latter-day saint, Etc. In fact The Apostles wrote many of the letters (or books) of the New testament to keep churches together:

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas["; still another, "I follow Christ."

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
( I Corntithians 1: 10-17)

Religion is man made; God called us to be holy not religious.

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy
(1 Peter 1:15-17)

That’s why Jeremiah made those comments about religion.

And Albeeno I dont know if Fallwell and the Bakers should be thought as the ideal proptype for Christianity.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know what was said earlier, but I will say that it sounds like some attacks might have been made. All I'm going to say is personal attacks are not allowed. You have every right to debate if you like, but don't attack people personally.

Also something to consider, I know not everyone agrees on this issue and several other issues, and that is fine, but please remember that there is a difference between listing a detailed, explained logical point explaining one's point of view and listing certain symbols that intentionally cause people to get fired up and angry. When a person posts those things, it makes them look immature and hurts their image. My advice is if you can't debate with a person's logic whether its because you don't know how to respond or if you can't have enough common ground to agree on to make a convincing point to change the other sides' perspective, then it is best to either simply state that you will have to agree to disagree than to post things that intentionally irritate people of the opposite side.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting how a repost that was 15 months old got an entirely different reaction this time.

All I was doing was explaining what I meant by my passion for the Challenger and that it would not be mistaken
and I used bible scripture from the HOLY Bible to back my statements.

Since we have a lot of newbies, I would encourage all of you to view my posts over the summer:

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=10213
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Yep. You said it before in this thread. The gist being since it's off topic, the onus to read and respond is on the reader. Seems like a fair enough approach. I'd been avoiding this thread initially, but is seems there's even headed enough folks here to engage in dialog.

As far as the "newbies" term (don't dig it, even though I'm sure it's just being used to describe a temporal exposure to further encourage retrospect by those who can learn from the history, but the term has a real plebian connotation to those of us not posting long), I can't speak for everyone because it's beyond my knowledge....but I'm sure there are few here who have heard the phrase "long time listener, first time caller", well I've been reading these posts for a lot longer than I've been posting....this is the second forum (the other sweetness-light) that I've ever engaged in...

I guess your point is there's a lot of rehash being engaged in a matter that has since been established and ground rules set and agreed upon.

While again the lessons (biblical quotes etc) set/put me off a little (probably out of a compulsion/shame to live a more exemplary life), I find it encouraging there is a thriving core of people doing what I ought...and while again..I even cringe a bit when there are the quotes....I know where it's at (and it's good) through personal experience....

Old 11-01-2007, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thank those that posted with an honest outlook. I do not post my answers to offend, but to reassure others that openly talking about Jesus is not a bad thing. We have freedom of speech in this country and I have to put up with alot of speech I'd rather not hear. But its the way things have progressed. The quickest way to have someone take those rights from you is to utter the name of CHRIST. I for one am trying to reverse this trend and allow folks to feel proud of who they are. I have not always lived my life as I should or think that I should. Today I do better and tomarrow I'll strive to do even better. But as a Christian I see so much hate thrown my way that I have learned to open dialog with people, so they see I'm not here in judgement of you but only trying to make it through the day myself. I pray over my food and I watch what words I say around folks. That is the extent of my approch at work or public. But if asked a Biblical question or asked a moral situation... I will give my honest response and it will contain Bible verses. Other than that I live and let live. I endure a lot of off color comments and terrible jokes that are spoken in the work place or in public. I work at Nuclear Stations in SC and NC, we have a lot of different people from all over the country, even the world come and work here. I have to get along and I do get along with these folks. But what I hear and see I don't always agree with. But this is the plants rules and I will abide by them. So don't let what you feel I said, confuse what I actually did say. The guys on this forum are fair and they have to be honest with themselves. If you ask an honest question, they will reply to you in like manner. Its like I said before, I cannot seperate the HOLY SPIRIT that dwells in me from myself. I feel others on here too feel the same way. So its not said to insult anyone or make them feel guilty of anything. Jeremiah started this post to clear up a statement he made. I understand where he is coming from. Others chimed in also to give experiences that were very similar to his clarification. I found it to be uplifting to hear others fight battles I have fought with myself. Thanks to all who posted, I felt blessed by your honesty.