Old 11-01-2007, 04:44 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification

Yep. You said it before in this thread. The gist being since it's off topic, the onus to read and respond is on the reader. Seems like a fair enough approach. I'd been avoiding this thread initially, but is seems there's even headed enough folks here to engage in dialog.

As far as the "newbies" term (don't dig it, even though I'm sure it's just being used to describe a temporal exposure to further encourage retrospect by those who can learn from the history, but the term has a real plebian connotation to those of us not posting long), I can't speak for everyone because it's beyond my knowledge....but I'm sure there are few here who have heard the phrase "long time listener, first time caller", well I've been reading these posts for a lot longer than I've been posting....this is the second forum (the other sweetness-light) that I've ever engaged in...

I guess your point is there's a lot of rehash being engaged in a matter that has since been established and ground rules set and agreed upon.

While again the lessons (biblical quotes etc) set/put me off a little (probably out of a compulsion/shame to live a more exemplary life), I find it encouraging there is a thriving core of people doing what I ought...and while again..I even cringe a bit when there are the quotes....I know where it's at (and it's good) through personal experience....