Old 10-31-2007, 02:46 PM
joeyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification

Just wanted to clear up some things. Honestly I don’t think your problem is with Christians per se as much as with "hypocritical Christians.” Yankee, The religion deal for Christians that are not carnal (worldly) minded is a non issue, no where in the bible will you see Jesus, God, the prophets, or the apostles coming up with, Catholic, Protestant, Lutheran, Apostolic, Latter-day saint, Etc. In fact The Apostles wrote many of the letters (or books) of the New testament to keep churches together:

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas["; still another, "I follow Christ."

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
( I Corntithians 1: 10-17)

Religion is man made; God called us to be holy not religious.

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy
(1 Peter 1:15-17)

That’s why Jeremiah made those comments about religion.

And Albeeno I dont know if Fallwell and the Bakers should be thought as the ideal proptype for Christianity.