Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification

Old 10-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification

I have been doing a bible study all summer long and nobody asked you to read that but it might have been before you were born on this forum.

These are in the off topic. You do not have to read it.

Enough said.

BTW- I quoted out of the Holy Bible, I have not been talking about religion.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM

Im not a moderator so i cant say if politcs is allowed on here as an off topic dicussion. But if it is it would not bother me not one bit.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11
BTW- I quoted out of the Holy Bible, I have not been talking about religion.
Forgive me... but isn't that a bit like saying that you quoted something out of the Constitution, but weren't talking about law..?

Do you not agree that if religion is to be discussed here openly, in any way, shape or form (and that includes biblical quotes), then out of fairness, other potential "hot topic" issues can be openly discussed here as well, no matter if it's in the "off-topic" forum or anywhere else?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: joeyr

Im not a moderator so i cant say if politcs is allowed on here as an off topic dicussion. But if it is it would not bother me not one bit.
It's allowed as long as no one breaks the specified rules found at the top of the page. Our sister forums such as dodgeforum's Off Topic section is loaded with political questions all the time and many times religion is there as well. Religion is allowed, Jeremiah got permission when he started the popular Point Man thread. It was understood that if you didn't want to read it, you didn't have to.

I normally prefer to keep away from politics as it can make things unfriendly and can turn people who would normally be best friends into bitter enemies. I don't talk about many of my political beliefs in great detail because I would probably turn about 70% of people here off if I did.

I don't think that we have been unfair to those who don't believe. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. The only thing that we have stopped thus far was when someone was posting inappropriate material for general audiences because that directly violates the rules.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Forgive me... but isn't that a bit like saying that you quoted something out of the Constitution, but weren't talking about law..?

Do you not agree that if religion is to be discussed here openly

Again, a I did not talk religion, I quoted the bible. The bible is God's word.

God is not in the religion business but in the relationship business. Do you have a personal relationship with him?

Man created religion not God.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:26 AM

Jeremiah, with all due respect, you're arguing semantics instead of answering my questions that I originally posted. For the record, I am in total agreeance with your assessment that man created religion and not God. As far as revealing my personal relationship with God, however... that's something I'm not discussing here as I don't personally feel it's appropriate to do so - much as I don't care to reveal my political affiliation either for the same reason.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do know why, but I have problems as to motivation. I cannot seperate myself from GOD and I am very tolerant of other peoples views. I state whats on my mind and I don't believe that the mention of JESUS or GOD should offend anyone My skin is thick and has gotten tougher as the years pass. Understand that just as some people are Irish and they have that part of their culture in them, you would not expect to see them seperate that from themselves. They will reflect on their Irish traditions and we would be enriched by their culteral differences. I would say that other forums cater to a more street brazen type person, I've dealt with them and prefer a more family oriented Forum. Don't for one moment take that as me being weak, I assure anyone, if you meet me weak is not an idea you will come away with. If you don't like the discussion in that thread and don't wish to add to it, simply move on. This is not separation of Church and State and I for one will continue to be open and honest about my ideas. I hope the dialog opened here, shows what real men are and that they can say JESUS and LOVE and FAMILY. We are car guys, but we are also Christians and Jews and Agnostics and Aithest. But respect and open dialog we can come to an understanding that allows us tolerance. I for one will not hide the fact that I'm a CHRISTIAN... my belief will not allow me to be ashamed of who I am.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:40 AM

Old 10-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Albeeno, it shouldn't have to come down to galvanizing rhetoric. That adds nothing to a discussion but polarization, divisiveness and barriers to dialog.

As stated, I'm not particularly religious myself. I grew up in Virginia. I consider it the south and I consider myself southern. People who know the bible and profess their faith make me a tad ill at ease myself because my religion is more internal than on my sleeve. The difference is I know there is no malice or judgment intended (unless they aren't getting the message properly, not their place to judge, bring people in by showing them how happy you are, if they are curious let them know why you're at peace with the world, I was in a few bible studies myself).

You have a point to defend yourself if you feel your way of life is being slammed. But lashing out with platitudes and stereotypes and assaults of your own seems a bit hypocritical. People who accept Christ as their savior, have a lot of energy and a former Priest of mine said that people who recently accept Christ have this power should stay away from people a while as they can have a good intensity...(he was kidding...mostly, I believe)....

Regardless there's no need to denigrate, the quickest way to have someone dismiss your message totally is to start out with "You <something unflattering>" and then insult their beliefs.

I believe you should have fun, make some mistakes, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and everybody wang chung tonight (whatever that means).

Lashing out and throwing out stereotypes could create a negative stereotype of north easterners, and that wouldn't be be a good thing (other than their driving, sorry dude, couldn't help it ......Boston, Mass, Connecticut, NY, NJ....if anyone lives in Jersey or the NY Metro area, they'd probably be able to deduce the order of ranking.....)

And though I didn't go looking for your follow up to the game (skins/pats).....if you didn't post, thanks....ouch.....I like Belechek (however you spell it)....his philosophy of "As long as we're on the field, we get paid to produce" is the right attitude...so what? He didn't run the score up, we just weren't able to keep up......and what's up w/ my posting style recently dot dot dot? I should really throw some dashes in there and have a crack at morse code....

Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So now we (Christians) are all the same. Not judge on individual merits. Just bunched and grouped together. Take a bad example and that is the way we all are. I'm so glad I don't have your outlook on people and just group all people by the worst example in the crowd. Now you start putting examples of how I should behave and whom I should ask for permission about purchasing. Nice profile there buddy, give me the whole list I sure don't want to disapoint. And can you expound on the " Bible Thumper" is this a means to put me in some catagory? You gathered all this information from a few threads you read in this post. WOW you must be good at reading people. Seems to me you have not really ever met a Christian. Or somewhere you met a person who called theirself a Christian. Either way you made a lot of assumptions of the Christians that you talked to in this thread. Why not take a deep breath and clear your head, take another look at the post. Read it S L O W L Y. Now what are you so spun up about? I saw no reason to get yourself all riled up over what was posted. No insult thrown your way! You have issues and you need to work them out and really stop and think before you post drivel like the thread above. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Guess what! Thats not a quote from the BIBLE.

Quick Reply: Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification