Old 10-31-2007, 10:30 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification

Albeeno, it shouldn't have to come down to galvanizing rhetoric. That adds nothing to a discussion but polarization, divisiveness and barriers to dialog.

As stated, I'm not particularly religious myself. I grew up in Virginia. I consider it the south and I consider myself southern. People who know the bible and profess their faith make me a tad ill at ease myself because my religion is more internal than on my sleeve. The difference is I know there is no malice or judgment intended (unless they aren't getting the message properly, not their place to judge, bring people in by showing them how happy you are, if they are curious let them know why you're at peace with the world, I was in a few bible studies myself).

You have a point to defend yourself if you feel your way of life is being slammed. But lashing out with platitudes and stereotypes and assaults of your own seems a bit hypocritical. People who accept Christ as their savior, have a lot of energy and a former Priest of mine said that people who recently accept Christ have this power should stay away from people a while as they can have a good intensity...(he was kidding...mostly, I believe)....

Regardless there's no need to denigrate, the quickest way to have someone dismiss your message totally is to start out with "You <something unflattering>" and then insult their beliefs.

I believe you should have fun, make some mistakes, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and everybody wang chung tonight (whatever that means).

Lashing out and throwing out stereotypes could create a negative stereotype of north easterners, and that wouldn't be be a good thing (other than their driving, sorry dude, couldn't help it ......Boston, Mass, Connecticut, NY, NJ....if anyone lives in Jersey or the NY Metro area, they'd probably be able to deduce the order of ranking.....)

And though I didn't go looking for your follow up to the game (skins/pats).....if you didn't post, thanks....ouch.....I like Belechek (however you spell it)....his philosophy of "As long as we're on the field, we get paid to produce" is the right attitude...so what? He didn't run the score up, we just weren't able to keep up......and what's up w/ my posting style recently dot dot dot? I should really throw some dashes in there and have a crack at morse code....