Old 10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Plum70Rag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride that Challenger passion - just for clarification

I've come close to that stumbling block...

It was March of '05, after years of denial that I realized I was a caraholic. No, no, don't laugh -- I'm absolutely serious -- I was ADDICTED to cars. Every chance I got I was reading about or thinking about cars. More than God, more than my wife, more than my kids; I had a problem. So it was then I took all my car books and magazines, boxed them up and put them in the attic. For the next nearly two years I read NOTHING about cars. No books, no magazines, no newspaper articles, I even turned the radio off if something came on about cars.

Then Daimler announced the Challenger, and under the loving, watchful eye of my wife, I started to thaw. Considering my history, I'm extremely hesitant to use the word "passion" for anything relating to cars. I would characterize my feelings toward the new Challenger as a "keen interest."

But I'm finding something better, both with my Challenger and here on this site: Utilizing my interest in cars to build relationships instead of allowing them to interfere in my relationships. My Challenger is great for time out with my wife or kids (not at the same time, though, not enough seats for all of us ) And this site is a great opportunity to get to know some folks with a common interest.

So for me, hold the passion, keep the interest, and let's have fun hanging out until Cerberus delivers.