Old 03-08-2006, 07:41 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Things you would like to see added on the 2008 Challenger

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

While I know a lot of you would like to see the Challenger at a lower price, most of the Chrysler offerings
are priced in the $30K region. While I know most of these are luxury/sports types I can easily see the Challenger
first being offered in the high price/performance range to compete with the GT500. After a year I can see Chrysler
then offering a lower price version. I do not have a degree in marketing but I could see this strategy to take some
of the hoopla away from Mustang. See the Chrysler price comparisons below.

Of course, they are just my humble opinions.

Jeremiah 29:11

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/87E96545E2C74851A194A8D147C89019.gif[/IMG]
That is something I have thought of myself and I think it would work. If you establish that this is a preformance car by offering the preformance model only in the first year. It improves the image as a superior product and can help you later on. One thing I'd like to explain to those who think it could sell around 200,000 models a year. I believe it could be very successful as a mass production model, but I doubt it will be able to match the Mustangs sales. Could it sell more than 100,000 models a year if priced correctly? Yes, it could but you have to remember that part of the reason why the Mustang has that many sales is because it has been around for so many years that people have an instant identity to its name. People don't have that with the Challenger, since it was a short lived car so many years ago. They would be wise to add all levels but I wouldn't expect them to be able to match Ford's sales, partly because Ford is a pure discount division vs. Dodge is a preformance division and naturally will not produce as many cars. The Cuda would have a better chance of doing that in my opinion.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts