Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Things you would like to see added on the 2008 Challenger

Old 10-28-2007, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Things you would like to see added on the 2008 Challenger

My cupholders are heated in Phoenix as it is. I want the A/C that pipes up through the seat and cools my tooshy. Oh...and remote start so I can get in frosty.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Built in A/C inverters.....so you can have a couple o' three prong normal plugs available w/o the encumbrance of a cable being fed out of the Cigarette lighter.......I know this option (or standard would be nice) is more mini-van oriented...but it seems like the automobile is evolving and this seems as practical to expect these days as a refrigerator glove box, cooled seats, what have you......

I believe the first car I saw w/ this as an option was the family truckster in carnate Aztec.......gadget oriented....cool feature set....just imho an eye sore at any speed.....

Other than that....I'm sure whatever Dodge determines is good...will be good...

Old 10-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Although I would personally not have any objection to having the "chill zone" from the Avenger and Caliber placed in the Challenger, I doubt this is likely to happen. Some might see the lid on the door as looking too cheap and may hurt the image of the interior.

Cooled seats might be a good idea. Those are becoming more common from what I understand, but I don't think they have expanded to non-luxury models yet. In my area, where winters are cool and summers are humid, having heated and cooled seats are ideal.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-05-2007, 06:22 PM

Cup holders and engine sizes.

Me...I will order from Paddock or Legendary, a single pentastar emblem, and discreetly mount it on passenger side, front fender, low just above the level of the rocker panel.

Subtle nostalgia.
Steve
Old 02-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Okay guys, I think we can resurrect this topic again.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Things you would like to see added on the 2008/2009 Challenger

Additions I would like to see on the new 2008 Challenger.

I know some are goofy, but I am still a dreaming kid at heart.

1. Beat the Mustang GT500 and Camaro in the ¼ mile. Obviously, strictly for bragging rights.
2. Keep the Telemetry gauge in the concept car.
3. Add an accelerometer with relative (LED’s) and absolute digital readouts.
4. Add a Torque meter like the Chevy SSR truck has.
5. A headsup display would be nice but probably too late to add right now.
6. An external ¼” audio jack for external audio sources ala MP3, cell phones, etc..
7. A horn with a distinct sound
8. A muffler with the distinct sound of what a Challenger should be.
9. A quiet interior but comes alive when the engine turns on the afterburners….similar to the 2006 Mustang but better. All about acoustics and muffler system to minimize interior resonances.
10. Something needs to be done on the door handle, but I can’t put my finger on it. Maybe chrome or the carbon fiber look might be a possibility but the style needs changing.
11. After reviewing the side picture shots maybe some darker color along the bottom of the door for accent.
12. Digital tire pressure monitoring system for all 4 tires.
13. I hope the hood scoops are fully functional and they appear to be but I cannot see any hood tunnels from the pictures.
14. Electrochromatic rear view mirrors would be nice.
15. Computer console with mpg, compass, miles traveled, miles till empty, etc..
16. A push start button would be cool like a race car. No matter the color of the car this button should probably be Hemi orange.
17. Regarding, the inside 6 shooter looking front light. Having those 5 bolts with a small glowing LED in the middle of the bolt would be cool especially if you could dial the color you wanted. This is a tough mechanical design.
18. Modern hood pins and racing gas cap like the old cars could be added as long it didn’t distract from the overall appearance.
19. I guess you could use run-flats if there is not room in the trunk for a full size spare but a mini spare will work also.
20. Have the glove box open using hydraulics and not just fall open…good grief.
21. An awesome sound system and it’s okay to have a subwoofer in the trunk but not take more than a quarter of the trunk and still be able to get to the spare tire without moving the subwoofer.
22. While Touch Banana, Plum Crazy, Sublime, and Hemi Orange should be available make sure there are conservative colors like black or titanium colors are also available.
23. I am sure I will think of something else and you guys will too.

I posted this back on February 2006 at the beginning of this thread.

While I did not get the torque meter, hood pins, nor heads up display but maybe in 2009.5.

In all, I am quite happy with what they produced and I feel I got what I asked for. I actually did send them this list a couple of years ago.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.