Old 11-03-2007, 11:55 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler reshuffling begins: 4 cars shut down

I was kind of expecting them to drop the Magnum since the sales were never that strong to begin with, besides what else would they cut in order to make the Challenger? My question is why isn't Chrysler just retiring the old 2.4L in the Pt Cruiser and replacing it with the more competitive World Engine line. With that, they could really spark some interest by dropping in the new SRT-4 (285hp & 265 ft-lbs of tq vs. the current 230hp & 250ft-lbs of tq). That would help to ensure that the normal Pt Cruiser does not turn into an old dog. By offering the better engines it could either regain its star status or better maintain its cash cow status. I'm not sure why the Pacifica failed, it seems like it was a very nice vehicle for its segment. The Crossfire never took off so I welcome their dropping of the last generation SLK. I would further motion that they should discard of the Compass. It doesn't belong in the Jeep line-up. The Commander should be given at least one more chance with a few more interesting powertrains borrowed from the Grand Cherokee namely the 3.0L diesel and the SRT-8 engine. That would help them in the categories of performance image and fuel economy to help the Commander stand out from its competition.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts