Thread: Anti-V6?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Justinec101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-V6?

Over on the red letter dodge blog there was a poll of what engine would you put in your challenger. It wasn't really very specific but in the comments there were a lot of people who absolutely didn't want a V6 put in the Challenger at all. Not only did they not want the V6 in their own Challenger, they didn't want the V6 to be available for anyone even if they wanted it (I was one, considering I'm 22, it's an expensive car, and gas price are gonna be getting crazy not to mention insurance).

I guess what I'm wondering is why anyone would feel so strongly that I shouldn't be able to buy this car with a V6? While I'd love to get one with a V8 and will if I can, realistically, if the car costs too much to buy and maintain, I can't get it. I guess I don't really understand the mindset behind wanting the car out of reach from most people. It's not like making a V6 will cause dodge to not make V8s. Ford has the V6 Mustang, and Chevy will have a V6 camaro, so would these people really rather lose someone supporting their favorite brand to the competition just because they can't afford, or don't want a V8? Maybe some people just don't understand what a dollar means to other people, and that as much as I'd love a Challenger, I'm not going to live in a cardboard box to afford one.