Thread: Anti-V6?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Ziegenbak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anti-V6?

For the record, I realize I'm a jerk for what I'm about to say.

I do not want a V6 Challenger made. I'm 25, and am looking for my first car purchase, and am doing well enough to (probably) afford the V8. No, I do not want you to have your V6.

I want people to see my car and KNOW that its powerful. I do not want them to have to ask what engine I have.

I do not want some kid in a V6 reving his engine next to my car. It is an insult to my car.

I do not want a HUGE amount of challengers on the road. It is a beautiful car, and I know people will buy the v6's if they are made. If I wanted a car like everybody else, I would have bought a mustang a year ago when I could have had a discount through the workplace.

I can see having a V6 pushing up the price of the V8. Because the V6 will be "base", the V8 might have forced luxury items like GPS, auto windows, heated seats...cup holders*shudder* :-) Basically I will have to pay for stuff I don't want, let alone want to pay for. (Of course a lack of V6's could push the price up too because of the scarcity of the car, and more demand for V8's because no V6 is availible)

I know this sounds horrible and selfish. However, I think this is the answer the original poster is looking for. Thankfully, I don't see a V6 not being made, because it WILL sell. That way I don't have to feel like a jerk.