Old 11-15-2007, 02:43 PM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LA 2007: U.S.-spec Nissan GT-R huge performance bargain at $69,850

This was from an update on his site.

MAGNUM, 300, CHARGER V6 SUPERCHARGER 2007-06-29

KNIGHT TURBOS HAS ADDED ANOTHER MAGNUM TO OUR STABLE. WE NOW OWN TWO TWIN MAGNUMS--BOTH BLACK, ONE 2.7 AND THE OTHER A 3.5--AND ARE PRODUCING SUPERCHARGER KITS FOR BOTH ENGINES. DESIGNED FOR A SAFE 4.5 TO 5 PSI, THESE SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE BELT DRIVE TURBOS WILL ADD 60-75 EXTRA PONIES TO YOUR MAGNUM, 300, OR CHARGER. THE 2.7 IS UNDERPOWERED--TO SAY THE LEAST--AND WITH OUR BDT WILL OUTRUN THE 3.5 AND ALMOST CATCH AN R/T. THE 3.5 WHEN SUPERCHARGED WILL RUN WITH AN R/T. THE UNITS CAN BE UPGRADED IN THE FUTURE WITH ADDITIONAL MODIFICATIONS NEEDED TO THE BLOWER BEARINGS, FUEL SYSTEM, COMPUTER, INTERCOOLER AND AN ENGINE BUILD WITH FORGED INTERNALS. OUR UNITS ARE CAPABLE OF 15+ PSI BOOST WITH THE PROPER PREPERATIONS AND UPGRADES.
Do you mean there maybe some longevity issues if you mate these blocks to non natural aspiration?

I guess you have a point. Of course the cynic in me could see them conceivably not offering a turbo charged option as they might perform as well as big mill 8's and then cannibalize sales from a productive cash cow. But maybe there are stability issues with it. Of course to your point see the bolded in the quote.

My mom had a Daytona ES (2.5 turbo 4cyl) that sucker would scoot and got pretty good gas mileage not the most resilient vehicle, however.