View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Albeeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What are your plans for thanksgiving?

Great thread idea by the way...just wanted to chime in for a second.

The Beener, is gonna meet up with Mom, Dad and little Sister (Allison) in Sudbury, MA for a glorious celebration of everything turkey & trimmings. He's gonna get his food-on that day my friends, that you can be sure of! Quality time will most certainly be spent in Dad's garage talking/complaining about his 1954 MG TF. As Cameron (Alan Ruck) so famously said in 1986's Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "it is his love, it is his passion" when referring to his movie Dad's 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. The MG is currently in need of a new charging system. This little snafu helps remind Dad of why the license plate above the rear bumper reads simply, GRIEF! Any of you that have driven and/or owned a 20th century British "sports car" know exactly what The Beener is talking about right now. Am I right? The old man purchased the MG way back in 1964 while he was still a Senior in high school. It went through a complete restoration in the late 1970's and he obviously still owns it today. Just recently it won a Best of Show award at a local car show.

After we finish up tinkering with the MG, I will most likely initiate the discussion of my new passion...The All-New Dodge Challenger! When Dad first found out that Junior had a hard-on for the new Chally he almost fell out of his seat! He knows full well that up until now I've always been a blue oval guy. To this day he is still having difficulty trying to wrap his head around the fact that I'm in love with a Dodge. Stranger things have happened I suppose, but what can a guy do when love is blind.

Then we'll probably head upstairs again to see what kind of trouble we can get our waistlines in to back in the kitchen. We will of course watch some football and laugh at all the other teams who aren't the New England Patriots and then passout with smiles on our faces.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.