Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What are your plans for thanksgiving?

Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What are your plans for thanksgiving?

I'll be going to my youngest Brother, Ted's house. His wife and 3 children will be there as well as my cousin and his family. My sons will join me as well as their girlfriends. Thanks will be given to GOD and for the best of another year. Then my friends, food will be consumed in large quantity. Then football. Then food. Then football. Then more food. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and my the LORD light your path. And to quote " GOD bless America again".
Old 11-21-2007, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be spending a quiet day at home with the wife and kids. No traveling for me anymore; just too crowded out there on the highways with too many idiots. We're far enough away from the extended family that no one will come visit us either. Here's hoping that all of you who are traveling arrive and return home safely, and may you all have a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Amen to TeeWJay426, God bless us, and protect us and all our loved ones during this Holiday and through out the year; and thanks be to him for all he has given.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for those posts. You guys are awesome. That is what make this such an great family friendly forum.

I hope you guys and gals have an awesome and blessed Thanksgiving to you and your families.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Banned

We're having Thanksgiving dinner at home (which I prepared the bulk of, as I do every year) and it will be me, my mom, stepdad, two aunts, three uncles, my little cousin, and my grandmother. Turkey for all!

May you all be blessed on Thanksgiving. Have a great one.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:01 AM

A rarity, but I don't have to work, so I'm enjoying a wonderful day of feasting and giving thanks alone with my beautiful wife.
My 2 kids are at their Mother's, my wife's 4 kids are with their Father four states south of here, my inlaws are gathered at my Sister-in-law's house 2 miles from here (yes, we were invited but opted to enjoy this day together - alone), and my Mother is at my brother's place an hour North of here.

I'll be thinking about my Father, who went home to God 20 years ago this weekend, thanking God for the safe return of my friend who came home to his family late last week from Iraq, and asking for a quick and safe return for ALL of our military folks who can't be with their families on Thanksgiving. We all owe them a HUGE THANKS and our gratitude for their sacrifices every day.

God Bless everyone who thinks about him and calls on his name.....keep us all safe, healthy, and strong in our faith.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor -- and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be -- That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks -- for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation -- for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the tranquility [sic], union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed -- for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted -- for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions -- to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually -- to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed -- to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn [sic] kindness onto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord -- To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease [sic] of science among them and us -- and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York
the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

George Washington
Old 11-22-2007, 10:29 AM

Keeping it VERY simple here, my wife and I just had a great T-giving dinner special at one of the local restaurants (neither one of us have family here and we didn't feel like cooking). And then, of course... FOOTBALL! Which is fine by me since I'm still recovering from a sprained ankle from a couple of weeks ago, I'm gonna be enjoying the next 3 days off for some more recuperation (lazy) time.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:36 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys south of the 49th
Old 11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you had excellent plans for Thanksgiving. I had a few positive surprises throughout the holiday. My aunt had a new "friend" who was from New York. A very nice person. He claimed to have a 1969 GTO and supposively had a few other interesting cars. He brought over a Karaoke machine and we butcher a few songs.

My fellow H.S. alumni had an informal class reunion. We went bowling and pretty much averaged under 100. We got to see a person who was visiting who was a foreign exchange student from Germany (Deutscheland) back during my senior year. It was interesting to meet his wife whom he was just dating back when we were seniors and see how things had been going in his life and in Germany for the last several years.

On my trip back, I saw I don't know how many dead dear on the side of the road, but it was a record for myself. I had to type 9-10 pages on a project just to find that my group partners hadn't finished their parts, so I had to spend five hours dragging them through their parts.[:@][:'(] I'm sick of working with people like this and not getting paid for it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Social loafing, an ever present part of any group dynamic where a collaborative effort is requisite and it's truly a pariah to getting things done efficiently.

With this said, just consider it a tax and try not to waste too much energy or emotion agonizing over it. People can only annoy you if you let them. Keep at it and good luck.